2020 Rules & Regulations
- Open to all competitors 21 years of age and under as of January 1, 2019.
- Open to Canadian exhibitors only.
- In compliance with CFIA Requirements, all animals must have an RFID or CCIA tag. Without one or the other, the animal will not be permitted on the grounds.
- Competitors must be able to control their animal in the show ring on their own.
- All animals will be judged as Progress. All animals must be born in 2019.
- All cattle must be halter broke to show.
- Only cattle entered in the show will be permitted on the premises.
- NEW: All cattle must be shown by the child/youth in whose name they are entered UNLESS that exhibitor has two or more cattle in the same class.
- Market steer and heifer classes will be split by weight. Breeding heifer classes will be split by breed and age.
- Market steer and heifer weigh-in weight is the official show weight. No re-weighs.
- All entries in the Purebred Heifer classes must have official registration papers and ear tattoos according to the Canadian Breed Associations. Animals must be tattooed BEFORE show arrival. Bring proof of registration to processing – hard copy or digital is acceptable. Without proper paperwork, purebreds will be placed in crossbred class.
Substitutions will be allowed at the discretion of the committee. A committee member must be contacted prior to arrival.
No minimum number of animals required to make up a breed division (based on Canadian Breed Associations).
Classes will be split accordingly by the Committee’s Discretion.
All cattle will be inspected for any contagious bovine disease (e.g. ringworm) by a veterinary of the committee’s choice. Any livestock found unacceptable will be asked to leave.
ANYONE CAUGHT IN THE ACT OF UNETHICAL PRACTICES ON CATTLE WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE EJECTED (ex. Pumping and Drenching).
- Showmanship splits are as follows:
Tyke Class Under 9 with assistance no entry (*AGE IS OF JANUARY 1, 2020)
Pee-Wee UNDER 9 (without assistance)
Novice 9 - 11
Junior 12 - 14
Intermediate 15 - 17
Senior 18 - 21
Competitors must use their own entry to compete in showmanship.
- Junior Beef Expo Committee has final decision on all matters. All exhibitors must have paid an entry fee to show.
NEW: Arrival time for cattle will be after 3:00 PM on Friday, March 13, 2020. Cattle must be in the barn by 9:00 AM on Saturday, March 14th, 2020. Processing will begin promptly at 9:30 AM.
- Family involvement and peers will be permitted.
- No tieouts available. Cattle must remain in the barn overnight. All cattle must remain in the barn until the completion of the show on Sunday, March 15, 2020.
- There will be absolutely no admittance into the barn from 10:00 pm Saturday, March 14th, 2020 until 5:00 a.m. Sunday, March 15th, 2020.
- EXHIBITORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN FEED AND BEDDING.