July 19, 2021 - Raceway Update
Simulcast will be Re-opening on Monday, July 26. Operating hours Mon-Thurs 5pm-10pm, Fri-Sun 12 noon – 10pm. Closed on Stat Holidays.
July 15, 2021 - Sports Centre Update
STEP 3 FACILITY REGULATIONS:
- Maximum of 20 participants on the ice, unless otherwise discussed and approved by Sports Centre admin
- Entry will be permitted 15 minutes before your ice time. All participants and spectators are to enter through the main lobby entrance at the top of the stairs. Check-in with staff inside the door and complete the necessary screening, then proceed directly to your rink/room.
- ALL individuals entering the facility must complete appropriate screening procedures upon entrance to the facility. Users are encouraged to pre-screen utilizing the CanaTrace app prior to entering the facility and show staff the time-stamped green checkmark upon entry. If you don’t have access to a mobile device to utilize the app, a screening form will be available.
- Dressing rooms will be available and assigned for each group. A maximum of 10 participants are permitted in each room. Access will be limited to 15 minutes prior to and following each ice time. Showers are NOT open for us at this time.
- Dressing room keys will not be provided at this time. Rooms will remain unlocked during the session. Leave valuables and personal belongings at home - we are not responsible for lost items.
- Spectators are permitted in designated areas only. The upstairs viewing and common areas will be closed until further notice. It is recommended that spectators are limited to 1 per participant. All spectators must also complete screening procedures upon entry.
- Masks or face coverings are mandatory and must be worn at all times when not on the ice.
- Physical distancing must be maintained throughout the facility. Stay out of NO ACCESS and CLOSED areas.
- It is the responsibility of each organization to have prepared a safety plan in accordance with Section 3.3 Schedule 1 of the provincial regulation 364/20.
- No outside food or drink is permitted
Mar 1, 2021 - Update:
- First-floor Simulcast, Yuk Yuks, Carousel and Gateway are permitted to open. Outside Grandstand, East Annex, East Annex Patio and Top of the Fair will remain closed until further notice.
- Yuk Yuks will operate one show, Saturdays at 8pm, for 50 persons max. First show is planned for this coming Saturday March 6.
- Patrons will be screened prior to accessing any of these spaces, and contact information will be recorded and kept for 30 days.
- Patrons that fail the screening questions will be refused entry.
- Alcohol sales stop at 9pm, consumption stops at 10pm. Alcohol sales will be at the homestretch concession, bar will remain closed until further notice.
- Entry is through the main lobby of the grandstand only.
- Patrons must wear a mask when not seated for food and beverage consumption.
- Mutuel tellers will be available during most time frames first floor Simulcast is open, including all live periods for The Raceway.
- Simulcast hours are 5pm-11pm Monday through Thursday, 12 noon – 11pm Friday through Sunday.
- Simulcast will operate on a first-come, first-served basis to a maximum of 50 patrons at any given time.
Feb 12, 2021- Raceway Update: Following today’s designation of the London-Middlesex Region being placed in the ‘Red-Control’ zone by the Government of Ontario, The Raceway at Western Fair District has announced plans to resume live racing, without spectators, at the London oval on Tuesday, February 16.
Feb 12, 2021- Sports Centre Update: We’re very excited to be one step closer to returning to the ice and welcoming you all back to the Sports Centre!
As we re-enter the RED zone, there are a few regulation changes and clarifications that we are awaiting. We will be back in the office on Tuesday, at which time we can share with you our updated protocol and begin to take bookings for later in the week. We’re very excited to be one step closer to returning to the ice and welcoming you all back to the Sports Centre! As we re-enter the RED zone, there are a few regulation changes and clarifications that we are awaiting. We will be back in the office on Tuesday, at which time we can share with you our updated protocol and begin to take bookings for later in the week.
Dec 24th, 2020 - The Market Update: Following the recent Province of Ontario lockdown announcement The Market at Western Fair District will continue to operate its regular hours Saturday (8 a.m. – 3 p.m.) and Sunday (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.) with limited operating capacity. All essential business selling groceries and food items will remain open and will be located on the 1st floor. The 2nd floor will be closed until further notice. Similar to earlier in the year, the goal of keeping the Market open is to continue to supply the local community with access to fresh food from trusted sources. During your trips to the Market you can expect to see the following items available: Meat, fish, deli meats, fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, baked goods, pizzas to go, meals to go, bread and coffee.
Dec 22nd, 2020 - Raceway Update: Following the recent lockdown announcement from the province of Ontario, The Raceway, and entire grandstand facility, will be closed for live racing and training effective December 26 at 12:01 a.m. We wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season and will continue to update you on the status of re-opening in the new year.
Dec 22nd, 2020 - Sports Centre Update: Sports Centre will be closed from December 24th through January 23rd. Any ice times that were scheduled for that time period have been cancelled. Our staff will be taking a well-deserved break for the holidays, and will return to working remotely in January, as we prepare to reopen and welcome you all back to the ice!
Dec 14th - Update: Effective this Monday, December 14 at 12:01 a.m., as part of Ontario’s COVID-19 response framework, Middlesex-London will be moving into the Red-Control zone. As a result, the Grandstand facility will be temporarily closed to the public until restrictions are lifted.
This change means that the following locations will be closed until further notice: Yuk Yuks, Top Of The Fair, Carousel Room and Gateway Casino.
Please note that this will not affect any of the offerings scheduled for this weekend at The District. We thank you for your understanding and will continue to provide updated information as it becomes available.
Oct 27th - Update: Gateway Casino will resume 24/7 operation upon opening Friday October 30th at 8am.
Oct 26th - Update: The Top of the Fair restaurant will be limited to 50 patrons to ensure physical distancing is in place. Customers will be pre-screened before entering the facility. Reservations will be granted on a first come first serve basis. To make a reservation please visit https://www.opentable.ca/r/top-of-the-fair-western-fair-district-london.
Oct 8th - Update: The Market at Western Fair District is excited to announce that we will be back open on Sundays beginning October 18th! Our Sunday hours are 10am - 2pm and we cannot wait to get back to welcoming you all weekend long..!
Oct 7th - Update: The Top of the Fair restaurant will be open all three racing days. The restaurant will offer a Pub style menu and will be limited to 150 patrons to ensure physical distancing is in place. Customers will be pre-screened before entering the facility. Reservations will be granted on a first come first serve basis. To make a reservation please visit https://www.opentable.ca/r/top-of-the-fair-western-fair-district-london.
Wagering and restroom facilities will be made available.
All other areas of the Grandstand facility will remain CLOSED for live and simulcast racing until further notice.
July 30th - Update: ICE TIMES AVAILABLE!
The Sports Centre are now taking bookings for the month of August! Limited times available, enhanced safety measures and facility protocol in place. Email email@example.com to book your time to get back on the ice! We can’t wait to see you here!
July 17th - Update:
As per London’s health officials at Middlesex-London Health Unit, the wearing of face masks will be mandatory in all indoor public places effective July 18. If you plan on visiting us here at the Western Fair District, please make sure to bring your mask! Thank you in advance.
June 25th - Update:
We at the Sports Centre are happy to have started a transitional return to operation of our facility. As you may have seen, we are currently renting ice though it is on a very limited basis. In order to abide by provincial regulations and our emergency orders, only certain sanctioned activities are currently permitted to operate, such as those approved by the Ontario Hockey Federation and Skate Ontario. Indoor recreational activities such as public skates, leagues or pick up groups are still prohibited under the emergency orders.
While we are operating, we are not considered OPEN as access is limited only to those with scheduled ice times. We have also implemented additional protocol to ensure the safety of our users and staff.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work within local and provincial guidelines to return to play as quickly and safely as possible!
June 18: Update: Starting Saturday, June 20th, the second floor of The Market will reopen to the public. Safety measures and protocols have been put in place to ensure your safety and the safety of our vendors.
May 14th: Update: Western Fair Association’s Board of Governors and management team announced the cancellation of the 145th Western Fair, scheduled to take place September 11-20, 2020 until September 2021. - Read more
May 4th: Update: The Raceway Cancels Camluck Classic; Postpones City Of London - Read more
April 30th - Update: The Sports Centre will remain closed until at least June 1st.
April 15th - Update: The Sports Centre will remain closed until at least May 12th.
April 14th - Update: COVID-19 Announcement: Western Fair District Announces Cancellation of the 2020 London Beer & BBQ Show. - Read more
April 3rd - Update: Due to the continued spread of COVID-19, the Sports Centre will remain closed, through Sunday, May 3rd at the earliest.
March 25th - Update: COVID-19 Update: The Market Will Remain Open Saturdays. Read more