WESTERN FAIR DISTRICT
JOB DESCRIPTION - Guest Services
Job Type: Permanent Part-time
Western Fair District is a not-for-profit agricultural Association that has deep roots in the City, evolving over a century-and-a-half from an agricultural fall Fair to a multi-faceted event centre which includes music and shopping, gaming and sports. The District is committed to providing entertaining experiences that enrich your life and the community and as part of our not-for-profit status we reinvest our revenue surpluses into upgrading our facilities and products to meet the needs of our community.
We are currently seeking a Guest Services Representative to join our Sports Centre team!
Guest Services Representatives are responsible for a wide variety of duties including greeting customers, answering incoming calls and assisting with other related duties.
Our ideal candidate is energetic, personable and a team player, with previous customer service experience and availability to work afternoons, evenings and weekends.
- Greets and welcomes guests of the Sports Centre.
- Responds to inquiries from the general public - in person, by telephone or by email.
- Provides information concerning bookings, pricing and policies, directions, etc.
- Books and records transactions.
- Maintains current awareness of all related procedures and policies
- Resolves or refers customer complaints.
- Maintains related files and data.
- Assists with league and tournaments coordination.
- Handles cash and performs balancing routines.
- Performs administrative support functions for Managers.
- May be required to assist in other special tasks for event setup.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Cash handling/POS experience.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, including Microsoft applications.
- Ability to work independently and proactively problem solve
- Adaptable and willing to learn
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
For further information, please visit us online at: www.westernfairdistrict.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Western Fair District provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, human resources will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.
Salary: $17.48 /hour
Weekends as needed
customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person