Jr. Administrative Coordinator – WFD Events
Do you have a passion for events? Keen attention to detail? If so, this position may be for you!
Get to Know Western Fair District:
Through its people, facilities and events, Western Fair District (WFD) is a leading year-round agri-food organization, focusing on community, agri-food industry supports and education, the annual fair, consumer/trade events, horse-racing, and entertainment & recreation for residents of the city and far beyond.
The District is a unique, multi-faceted, historic, and community-based, not for profit, in the heart of Old East Village, in London, Ontario. It offers several complexes onsite, providing many unique activities all of which have a major impact on the local economy, and contribute to our community in a wide variety of ways. The annual Western Fair is near and dear to the community and is the Association’s signature event, popular consumer/trade shows make their home in the Agriplex, a first-class harness horse racetrack, award winning Farmer’s and Artisan’s Market, industry leading Sports Centre, great dining & banquet facilities embracing local food and drink, a new vermiculture centre called The Wormery, and an agri-food business and resource hub fondly known as The Grove.
Our tight-knit team is creative and passionate, and regularly interacts with one another to create high-quality experiences in several business units. As a not-for-profit Association, with deep roots in agriculture and community, WFD has evolved over a century-and-a-half because of its dedicated team culture, committed to honouring tradition, while continually innovating and evolving to meet the needs of the agriculture industry and the communities we serve.
The Jr. Administrative Coordinator is responsible for performing clerical duties related to event management and assisting with the execution of Western Fair District owned and operated agricultural events, specifically the London Farm Show, National Poultry Show and Cannabis Wiki Conference & Expo.
This is a contract position, approximately 20 hours per week between January 2022 – June 2022, with a potential for extension.
- Provide support and direction to exhibitors with phone calls and emails (recruiting/maintaining/assisting once registered)
- Maintain registration records through Ungerboeck
- Review and check show related documents for accuracy, including insurance records, badge request forms, exhibitor tickets, additional purchases, and vaccination attestations
- Create and send exhibitor documents
- On site in the show office during set up and show hours
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Exceptional customer service & communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Strong attention to detail, and aptitude for problem solving
- The ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft applications.
- A commitment to excellence in all tasks, and a professional presence
- Experience in Ungerboeck software an asset, but not required
- Post-secondary schooling an asset, but not required
- Agricultural background an asset, but not required
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Western Fair District
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources at Western Fair District: email@example.com
Closing Date: December 31, 2021
Pay rate: $16.00/hour