WESTERN FAIR DISTRICT
JOB DESCRIPTION – Ice Allocation & Guest Services Supervisor - 14-month contract - Mat leave coverage.
Reports to: Sports Centre Business Manager
The Sports Centre – Ice Allocation & Guest Services Supervisor reports directly to the Sports Centre Business Manager. The Sports Centre Ice Allocation & Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for the allocation of all ice rentals, bookings and events. This role is also responsible for sponsorship sales, customer service and leadership of the Guest Services Team.
Responsibilities of the Sports Centre Ice Allocation & Guest Services Supervisor:
- Greets and welcomes visitors and customers of the Sports Centre.
- Lead, motivate, train, and inspire the Guest Services Team to ensure a positive experience for all customers of our facility
- Work the front desk and answer phones when not staffed by a Guest Services team member
- Market, sell and book ice times including preparation of ice rental contracts
- Day to day use, training and oversight of ice booking software
- Creation and Management of internal programming including leagues, learn to skate and tournaments
- Liaise with the City of London regarding City ice rental contract
- Oversee all ice sales inquiries (contract and 1 time rentals)
- Assist in the immediate and long- range strategic planning for the Sports Centre.
- Maintain related databases and files related to the position
- Monthly invoicing
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships
- Conduct performance appraisals of staff
- Staff Scheduling
- Ensure employees are aware of related policies and procedures to inform the public
- Member of the SC Management Team and attends meetings as required.
- Monitor accounts receivable and ensure collection of all accounts.
- Handle cash and perform balancing routines.
- Comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Western Fair Association Health & Safety Policy and Awareness Program/Safety Manual, all Western Fair Association procedures and any other applicable legislation.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary education in Rec and Leisure, Business, Marketing, or related field.
- Excellent customer service skills and leadership skills.
- 2-3 years supervisory experience.
- 2-3 years experience in sales, an arena, or recreation facility.
- Strong public speaking/communication skills.
- Highly organized individual with experience organizing and executing leagues and tournaments.
- A commitment to excellence in all tasks, and a professional presence
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Western Fair District provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, human resources will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.