Western Fair Association is Seeking a Human Resources Assistant!
Get to Know the Western Fair District:
Through its people, facilities and events, Western Fair District (WFD) is a leading year-round agri-food organization, focusing on community, agri-food industry supports and education, the annual fair, consumer/trade events, horse-racing, and entertainment & recreation for residents of the city and far beyond.
The District is a unique, multi-faceted, historic, and community-based, not for profit, in the heart of Old East Village, in London, Ontario. It offers several complexes onsite, providing many unique activities all of which have a major impact on the local economy, and contribute to our community in a wide variety of ways. The annual Western Fair is near and dear to the community and is the Association’s signature event, popular consumer/trade shows make their home in the Agriplex, a first-class harness horse racetrack, award winning Farmer’s and Artisan’s Market, industry leading Sports Centre, great dining & banquet facilities embracing local food and drink, a new vermiculture centre called The Wormery, and an agri-food business and resource hub fondly known as The Grove.
Our tight-knit team is creative and passionate, and regularly interacts with one another to create high-quality experiences in several business units. As a not-for-profit Association, with deep roots in agriculture and community, WFD has evolved over a century-and-a-half because of its dedicated team culture, committed to honouring tradition, while continually innovating and evolving to meet the needs of the agriculture industry and the communities we serve.
The Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for providing transactional HR support to the HR Department. They will assist with the development and implementation of policy, recruitment, orientation and training, benefits, health and safety and other areas as directed. Clerical work will include electronic filing of correspondence, personnel records, invoices, receipts and other records. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
The Human Resources Assistant will play a key role in assisting and supporting the HR department in recruitment and selection for the Annual Western Fair! The contract will run from mid-June to the end of the Fair in September, with a possibility to extend.
· Support Human Resources Manager with all HR functions.
· Recruiting and staffing logistics, specifically for the Annual Western Fair.
· Assist with employee orientation and training.
· Assist with Policy development and documentation; Employee relations; and employee communication.
· Maintain accurate and up to date employee database including but not limited to:
- Personal data (hire date, phone number etc.) - Training records and requirements
· Ensure that all electronic filing is complete and up to date.
· Ensure all processes and data requirements related to the ESA are maintained and followed.
· Support and assist with running payroll.
· Meet with employees, as required, to resolve any issues.
· Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft Word and Excel are required
· Good communication skills both written and verbal
· Experience with Ceridian Dayforce an asset
· Experience running payroll functions is an asset
· Excellent time management skills
· Highly organized
· Good customer service and organizational skills
· Analytical thinker, and the ability to prioritize
· Attention to detail in all areas of work
· High level of personal integrity
· Strong work ethic
· Self starter
· Confident, consistent, decisive personality
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Western Fair District provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, human resources will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.