WESTERN FAIR DISTRICT
JOB DESCRIPTION- Facility Attendant - The Grove
About the Grove at the Western fair District:
The Western Fair District (WFD) is a multi-faceted, not for profit, Agricultural Society, based in the heart of London, Ontario. WFD is a member driven organization supported by an extensive group of volunteers and staff. Through its programming and facilities it is a leading year-round agriculture, entertainment, commercial, sports and recreation destination for residents of the city of London and far beyond, anchored by its signature event, the annual Western Fair.
The Western Fair District is evolving its Agri-Food program in a big way. As an agricultural society, we are going back to our roots and are focusing on agriculture education and supporting our food industries. This is your chance to be part of something big. The Grove is the District’s agri-business hub where participants share resources, space, and connections to create the right conditions for innovation, education, and growth.
Working under the direction of the Agri-food Supervisor, you will assist with the event setup, general cleaning, and special projects at the Grove. There is a lot of moving parts at the Grove and dealing with multiple different business and organizations is something that will happen on the daily. Ensuring that the facility is clean and operational is of the upmost importance to this role and ultimately the Grove.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing, positive and upbeat attitude
- Clean floors, bathrooms, and incubator space
- Accommodating and willing to go the extra mile
- Help with event setup
- Uphold health & safety standards across the board
- Maintain a clean workspace at all times
- Work as a team player to reach a shared goal
- Help with special projects (Wormery, Greenhouse, Bio-diesel)
- Report any issues with facility to the supervisor
- Other duties as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year cleaning experience
- Exceptional time management
- Effective communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to organize and plan
- Desire to be part of a team and contribute as such
- Being mechanically inclined is an asset
- The Grove operates 24/7 and there will be time in the evenings or weekends to work
- The Grove attempts to offer hours that work with your schedule and life
- Continuous standing/walking for duration of shift
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Western Fair District provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, human resources will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.