JOB DESCRIPTION – Executive Sous Chef
Position Type: Full-Time, Salaried
Reports to: Executive Chef
Responsibilities of the Executive Sous Chef include:
Your job is to assist the Executive Head Chef with the daily operation of the back of house across the district. You are responsible for BOH execution and upholding the levels of quality and consistency expected, across the district. You will be playing an important role in prep, kitchen organization, cleaning, ordering, inventory, and training & development. Alongside the Executive Chef you will support the staff day to day and play a big part in coaching and development.
- Assist in managing the day to day operations of entire BOH operations. Scope includes but is not limited to:
- Top of Fair Restaurant
- Yuk Yuks Comedy Club & Events
- WFD Catering
- Concession outlets (Homestretch, Backstretch, Agriplex, annual Western Fair)
- Sports Centre
- Season’d Bistro and Cafe
- Annual Western Fair
- Pop-Up Events
- Maintain a visual presence across all F&B outlets and model WFD mission, vision, and values
- Oversee and lead kitchen prep for all outlets across the district
- Enforce and maintain BOH systems, standards, and policies
- Kitchen cleanliness (floor to ceiling) across entire district
- Assist Executive Head Chef with daily tasks
- Be a champion for the BOH staff and meet regularly with Executive Head Chef to discuss staff development
- Assist Executive Head Chef in menu development. Submit menu ideas and brainstorm with Chef regularly
- Oversee BOH training and mentor BOH staff under you
- Assist with inventory control, inputting invoices, ordering, and receiving
- Manage relationships with Market Vendors
- You are PASSIONATE about food, beverage, service, and people
- You are TEAM ORIENTED LEADER with a focus on HARMONY
- You are IMAGINATIVE and CREATIVE
- You believe in taking OWNERSHIP of your work.
- You believe in creating a CARING environment.
- You are COURAGEOUS in your ability to self-reflect, develop, and grow as a member of a committed team.
How is Success Defined in this role
- Positive retention rates amongst all BOH Team Members & supervisors
- Positive trends in sick calls amongst BOH Team Members
- Positive results in comment card and Guest feedback & social media scores in terms of food quality/consistency
- Positive trend in food quality and prep time efficiency
- Growth in all food sales segments
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years in a leadership or supervisory role in a multi-unit Food Service environment
- Extensive knowledge of wine, beer, and spirits.
- Food Handler and Smart Serve Certifications.
- Able to respond quickly and make decisions in dynamic and changing circumstances
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Available evenings, weekends, and holidays