WESTERN FAIR DISTRICT
JOB DESCRIPTION – Events Coordinator
Reports to: Agriculture Events Manager
Salary Range: $40,000-$50,000 annually
Get to Know Western Fair District:
Through its people, facilities and events, Western Fair District (WFD) is a leading year-round agri-food organization, focusing on community, agri-food industry supports and education, the annual fair, consumer/trade events, horse-racing, and entertainment & recreation for residents of the city and far beyond.
The District is a unique, multi-faceted, historic, and community-based, not for profit, in the heart of Old East Village, in London, Ontario. It offers several complexes onsite, providing many unique activities all of which have a major impact on the local economy, and contribute to our community in a wide variety of ways. The annual Western Fair is near and dear to the community and is the Association’s signature event, popular consumer/trade shows make their home in the Agriplex, a first-class harness horse racetrack, award winning Farmer’s and Artisan’s Market, industry leading Sports Centre, great dining & banquet facilities embracing local food and drink, a new vermiculture centre called The Wormery, and an agri-food business and resource hub fondly known as The Grove.
Our tight-knit team is creative and passionate, and regularly interacts with one another to create high-quality experiences in several business units. As a not-for-profit Association, with deep roots in agriculture and community, WFD has evolved over a century-and-a-half because of its dedicated team culture, committed to honouring tradition, while continually innovating and evolving to meet the needs of the agriculture industry and the communities we serve.
The Events Coordinator reports directly to the Ag Events Manager. The Events Coordinator is responsible for the organization and implementation of the clerical components for the Western Fair District owned and operated shows/events including creation and execution of sponsorship contracts and agreements, sales, and customer service, along with event coordination duties as required.
- Provide support and direction to exhibitors with phone calls and emails (recruiting/maintaining/assisting once registered).
- Maintain registration records through Ungerboeck.
- Create and send exhibitor documents, contracts, and invoices.
- Financial – take payments/reconcile and prepare financial reports or update revenue sheets.
- Administer show office responsibilities during set up and all show hours.
- Administrative support including drafting contracts, distributing contracts for signing, invoicing, and tracking the status of contracts.
- Maintain contract compliance tracker for events and check in during move in to ensure responsibilities are met.
- Track/follow-up and if necessary, adjust payment and insurance deadlines.
- Post-event follow-up summary/presentation.
- Assist in developing show layouts and coordinating exhibit space.
- Coordinate show and exhibitor requirements with show supplier.
- Monitor and enforce show rules and regulations.
- Manage operation of show office for WFD owned and operated shows including but not limited to the Poultry Show, Farm Show, Yearling Sale, Cannabis Wiki Conference & Expo, and Annual Fair.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure customer’s expectations are met.
- Must comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Western Fair District Health & Safety Policy and Awareness Program/Safety Manual, all Western Fair District procedures and any other applicable legislation.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary Education in related field an asset. (ie. Event Management).
- 1-3 years of experience in a Customer Service, Sales or Administrative environment.
- Experience in Ungerboeck software an asset.
- Agricultural knowledge an asset.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience in Consumer Trade Shows/Agricultural events an asset.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills. Must be comfortable talking on the phone to exhibitors.
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to problem solve.
- Effective Communication skills.
- The ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office applications.
- A commitment to excellence in all tasks, and a professional presence.
- Able to work evenings and weekends when required for specific events.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Western Fair District provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, human resources will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.
If you’re interested in working at the District, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.