JOB DESCRIPTION – Event Services – Grandstand
Event Services Grandstand staff report directly to the Event Services Supervisor. Event Services personnel are responsible for all janitorial and operational aspects of the grandstand facilities and offices.
Responsibilities of Event Services – Grandstand
· Required to setup and maintain any event requirements within the Grandstand facilities. Assists Event Personnel with setup and removal in Carousel Room.
· Responsible for all janitorial cleaning of floors, tables, chairs and other equipment within the Simulcast, Top of the Fair, Live Racing, and Carousel Room areas.
· Operate and maintain all cleaning equipment and report any issues to the Event Services Supervisor.
· Responsible for cleaning and maintaining washroom facilities in all Grandstand facilities.
· Assist with small painting projects and perform minor repairs, lighting and ceiling tile replacements in Grandstand areas as well as the Carousel Room, and Top of the Fair.
· Change signs as needed within the Grandstand area.
· Keep an inventory of supplies and equipment needed and provide report to the Event Services Supervisor.
· Responsible for outdoor appearance of event facilities, including snow removal, salting, garbage removal and changing of dump bins as required.
· Reports major repair requirements to Event Services Supervisor.
· Fills out Caretakers Log Book, and other documentation as assigned.
· Other related duties that are required or assigned
Education and Experience Required:
· Secondary School Education
· 1-2 years custodial experience
· Exceptional Customer Service skills
· Effective communication skills
· The ability to obtain WFD Forklift and Aerial Lift Device certification
· Previous Forklift and Aerial Lift Training/Operation an asset
· Experience in the Exposition Industry an asset.
· Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
· Act as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
· Abide by the policies and procedures of Western Fair District
· Other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Western Fair District
· Work is performed while standing, sitting, or walking
· Continuous bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching
· Regular lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of medium weights up to 50 lbs
· Environment - moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, possible exposure to dust, dirt and animals
· Shifts could include days, afternoons, overnights and weekend/holidays
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Western Fair District provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, human resources will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.