Here is your chance to be part of a growing and dynamic team while working for a Not-for-Profit Agricultural Society that reinvests in its people and our community.
Our Event Services staff report directly to the Event Operations Manager. Event Services personnel are responsible to perform all tasks and duties required for the Setup, Operation and Tear down of Events in all WFD Facilities.
Responsibilities of Event Services Staff include:
- Act as Event Services point of contact for Promoters, Tenants, Suppliers and WFD owned & operated events when Event Operations Manager not on site
- Assists with small painting projects. Performs minor repairs, lighting and ceiling tile replacements in all WFD event facilities
- Reports major repair requirements to Event Operations Manager
- Fills out Caretakers Log Book, Forklift and Aerial Lift Device Log Books and other documentation as assigned
- Maintains inventories on WFD supplies and equipment and report needs to the Event Operations Manager
- Involved with various aspects of events held on WFD grounds, including setup and tear down time periods
- Expected to perform cleaning duties throughout WFD event facilities. Including but not limited to washroom cleaning, sweeping and mopping of floors, dusting, operation of floor scrubbers/sweeper, etc.
- Responsible for outdoor appearance of event facilities, including snow removal, garbage removal and changing of dump bins as required
- The ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals. Promote a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Western Fair District
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Western Fair District
- Other related duties as required or assigned
- Secondary School Education
- Minimum of 3-6 months related experience
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to problem solve
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals
- The ability to obtain WFD Forklift and Aerial Lift Device certification
- Previous Forklift and Aerial Lift Training/Operation an asset
- Experience in the Show Industry an asset
- Work is performed while standing, sitting, or walking
- Continuous bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching
- Regular lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of medium weights up to 50 lbs
- Environment - moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, exposure to dust, dirt and animals
- Shifts will include days, afternoons, overnights and weekend/holidays
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Western Fair District provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, human resources will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by January 26th, 2023.