WESTERN FAIR DISTRICT
JOB DESCRIPTION – Event Services – Part Time
Pay Rate - $18.50/hour
Event Services staff report directly to the Event Operations Manager. Event Services personnel are responsible to perform all tasks and duties required for the Setup, Operation and Tear down of Events in all WFD Facilities. Be part of a positive and exciting, growing team while working for a Not-for-Profit Agricultural Society that reinvests in its people and our community.
Responsibilities of Event Services Staff - Part Time
- Act as Event Services point of contact for Promoters, Tenants, Suppliers and WFD owned & operated events when Event Operations Manager not on site.
- Perform cleaning duties throughout WFD event facilities. Including but not limited to washroom cleaning, sweeping and mopping of floors, dusting, operation of floor scrubbers/sweeper, etc.
- Responsible for outdoor appearance of event facilities, including snow removal, garbage removal and changing of dump bins as required.
- Involved with various aspects of events held on WFD grounds, including setup and tear down time periods.
- Fills out Caretakers Log Book, and other documentation as assigned.
- Assists with small painting projects. Perform minor repairs, lighting and ceiling tile replacements in all WFD event facilities.
- Reports major repair requirements to Event Operations Manager.
- Other related duties as required or assigned
Education and Experience Required
- Secondary School Education
- Minimum of 1-6 months related experience.
- Good Customer Service skills and ability to problem solve.
- Good Communicator.
- The ability to obtain WFD Forklift and Aerial Lift Device certification an asset
- Previous Forklift and Aerial Lift Training/Operation an asset
- Experience in the Show Industry an asset.
- The ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals. Promote a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Western Fair District
- Other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Western Fair District
- Work is performed while standing, sitting, or walking
- Continuous bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching
- Regular lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of medium weights up to 50 lbs
- Environment - moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, exposure to dust, dirt and animals
- Shifts will include days, afternoons, overnights and weekend/holiday.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Western Fair District provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, human resources will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.