WESTERN FAIR DISTRICT
JOB DESCRIPTION – Customer Experience Representative
Reports to: Community Engagement Coordinator
Through its people, facilities and events, Western Fair District (WFD) is a leading year- round agri-food organization, focusing on community, agri-food industry supports and education, the annual fair, consumer/trade events, horseracing, and entertainment & recreation for residents of the city and far beyond.
The District is a unique, multi-faceted, historic, and community-based, not for profit, in the heart of Old East Village, in London, Ontario. It offers several complexes onsite, providing many unique activities all of which have a major impact on the local economy, and contribute to our community in a wide variety of ways. The annual Western Fair is near and dear to the community and is the Association’s signature event, popular consumer/trade shows make their home in the Agriplex, a first-class harness horse racetrack, award winning Farmer’s and
Artisan’s Market, industry leading Sports Centre, great dining & banquet facilities embracing local food and drink, a new vermiculture centre called The Wormery, and an agri- food business and resource hub fondly known as The Grove.
Our tight-knit team is creative and passionate, and regularly interacts with one another to create high-quality experiences in several business units. As a not-for-profit Association, with deep roots in agriculture and community, WFD has evolved over a century-and-a-half because of its dedicated team culture, committed to honouring tradition, while continually innovating and evolving to meet the needs of the agriculture industry and the communities we serve.
Reporting directly to the Community Engagement Coordinator, our Customer Experience
Representatives are responsible for a wide variety of duties including greeting customers, answering calls and emails, ticket and gift card sales, and other administrative tasks as required.
Our ideal candidate is energetic, personable and a team player, with previous customer service experience and availability to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, and weekends.
Responsibilities of the Customer Experience Representative:
- Brand advocate for the District. Sets the example for all staff, customers and community on what it means to be a District employee: Caring, energetic, imaginative, highly principled, team-driven and dedicated to the organizations mandate, image, goals and objectives.
- Customer service duties.
- Administrative support functions as assigned.
- Respond to inquiries from the general public - in person, by telephone or by email.
- Sell event tickets, and performs cash transactions using POS system.
- Must comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Western Fair District Health & Safety Policy and Awareness Program/Safety Manual, all Western Fair District procedures and any other applicable legislation.
- Assist with a variety of duties relating to Fair Competitions leading up to and including the annual 10 day fair.
Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, seek solutions, follow up and follow through with a variety of tasks
- Comfortable working independently and in a team setting
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards
- POS and cash handling experience preferred
- Knowledge of multi-line phone system preferred
- Some physical work required (setting up fair displays, lifting and moving exhibits, etc.)
- Flexible schedule, with the ability to be “on call” for potential, morning, afternoon, evening and weekend shifts