We’re Hiring: Concession Workers
Get to Know Western Fair District:
Through its people, facilities and events, Western Fair District (WFD) is a leading year-round agri-food organization, focusing on community, agri-food industry supports and education, the annual fair, consumer/trade events, horse-racing, and entertainment & recreation for residents of the city and far beyond.
The District is a unique, multi-faceted, historic, and community-based, not for profit, in the heart of Old East Village, in London, Ontario. It offers several complexes onsite, providing many unique activities all of which have a major impact on the local economy, and contribute to our community in a wide variety of ways. The annual Western Fair is near and dear to the community and is the Association’s signature event, popular consumer/trade shows make their home in the Agriplex, a first-class harness horse racetrack, award winning Farmer’s and Artisan’s Market, industry leading Sports Centre, great dining & banquet facilities embracing local food and drink, a new vermiculture centre called The Wormery, and an agri-food business and resource hub fondly known as The Grove.
Our tight-knit team is creative and passionate, and regularly interacts with one another to create high-quality experiences in several business units. As a not-for-profit Association, with deep roots in agriculture and community, WFD has evolved over a century-and-a-half because of its dedicated team culture, committed to honouring tradition, while continually innovating and evolving to meet the needs of the agriculture industry and the communities we serve.
What we are looking for:
We are currently seeking a fun, outgoing, and hard-working individual, with a proven capability to work both individually, and as a team. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and displays thoroughness and attention to detail, while demonstrating strong communication and customer service skills.
The Concession Worker will be responsible for preparing and serving food and beverages to guests, while maintaining a friendly and positive attitude. Additionally, the Concession Worker is responsible for always ensuring a clean and tidy workspace, by making sure extra inventory is put away and all supplies are fully stocked.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage guest requests in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner.
- Prepare and serve food and beverage items in a timely manner.
- Ensure guests feel welcomed and acknowledged.
- Operate concession equipment and POS system.
- Proficient and responsible in handling money.
- Assist with counting, stocking and storing of inventory and supplies.
- Ensure all areas are always maintained in a tidy and clean fashion.
- Promote our services, facilities, and amenities and be able to direct guests accordingly.
- Understand and adhere to laws and company policies regarding the serving of food and alcohol (if applicable).
- Perform other related duties assigned by the management team.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrates strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Cash handling/POS experience is an asset.
- Food Handler’s Certification is an asset.
- Smart Serve Certification is an asset.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends, and holidays.
- Reliable source of transportation.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team.