Candidates must be available 3-4 nights per week on live racing nights, including weekends and holidays, with shifts beginning as early as 4pm. This role will run from September 2022 - May 2023.
Pay Rate: $20.00/hour
Robotic Camera Operator
· Report directly to the Director, Producers, and Raceway Manager
· Responsible for Front tower/Back Tower/Lower Pan cameras
· Provide camera shots as requested by Director
· Provide adjudication footage during races for the AGCO judges according to guidelines.
Upper Pan Camera/AGCO Adjudication Replay Operator
· Report directly to the Director, AGCO Judges, Producers and Raceway Manager
· Provide camera shots for the Director
· Provide camera footage for adjudication to AGCO
· Operates the adjudication recording and playback computer
· Start and stop the streaming encoder to the central adjudication center in Mississauga for the AGCO Judges
· Play back required parts of the race to the AGCO judges as required
· Post inquiry footage to YouTube and/or make DVD copies as requested by AGCO Judges
· Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
· Act as an Ambassador throughout the community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
· Abide by the policies and procedures of the Western Fair District.
· Other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Western Fair District.
Skills and Qualifications:
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Horse racing background is an asset.
· Experience in broadcasting is preferred.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
· Willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Western Fair District provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, human resources will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.