WESTERN FAIR DISTRICT
JOB DESCRIPTION – Business Development Manager
Reports to: Director of Business Development
The position of Business Development Manager provides oversight and management of the sales and marketing team and their business goals and projects. Creating and overseeing the execution of a long-term marketing strategy for the WFD as well as managing the sales and marketing support of several internal business units and their facilities and/or activities. The Business Development Manager is also responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with current and future customers and clients.
Business Development Responsibilities:
- Create long-term value for the organization through customers and partnerships.
- Seek out and recommend new business ventures or ideas that will increase revenues.
- Investigate possible business partnerships and prospects that align with the organization’s mandate and assist and supervise the development and execution of these prospects to support strategic focus and revenue targets.
- Develop annual marketing strategies for the Association and its business units’ promotional/creative campaigns, brand management and corporate identity to align with strategic goals and objectives.
- Manage marketing and brand awareness, creation of a wide range of different marketing materials for the various WFA business units and activities, with the assistance of the marketing team.
- Work closely with media partners and agencies to ensure effective management of online, social/digital media, radio, print and promotional marketing campaigns.
- Oversee the marketing budget and implement pricing and promotions strategies.
- Report on marketing’s analytics, return on investment and performance metrics.
- Analyze market trends, customer research, market conditions and competitor information
- Manage training, performance evaluations and daily activities of sales/marketing staff.
- Prospecting and selling sponsorships, rentals, and exhibitor spaces.
- Develop sales strategies for various departments/events to achieve revenue targets.
- Report weekly on sales strategies, forecasts, and anticipated outcomes.
- Foster and leverage positive relationships with local, regional clients and partners.
- Make periodic visits with key accounts, explore changing needs and opportunities.
- Seek out similar competitors to expand knowledge base.
- Maintain knowledge and familiarity of Ungerboeck software.
- Maintain timely and effective communication with all departments.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of outside sales/sponsorship experience and/or Marketing experience agency experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Business/Communications, or related field.
- Strong teamwork, organization, and communications skills.
- Ability to plan and manage several assignments at once and demonstrate initiative, flexibility, and good judgement.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Strong Interpersonal skills and closing skills. Results driven.
- A commitment to excellence in all tasks, and a professional presence.
- A dynamic personality that thrives in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Work as a collaborator promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Function as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
- Working outside of regular business hours will be required from time to time due to the nature of the event industry.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Western Fair Association.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Western Fair Association.
Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Western Fair District provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, human resources will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.
To apply to the Business Development Manager role, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Wednesday, January 25th, 2023.