JOB DESCRIPTION – Business Development Manager
Western Fair District:
We want you to become a part of our dynamic organization! We are a not-for-profit
Agricultural Society that encourages opportunity, inclusivity, positivity, and great customer experiences! We have been around for more than 150 years and are known for our signature event, the annual Western Fair. But we offer much more, including our internationally recognized Sports Centre and Raceway, London’s best Market, The Grove our agri-food hub, and home to world-class consumer and trade shows and events…. plus, much more!
The Business Development Manager’s priorities will centre on generating sales and sponsorship revenue for the organization’s events and facilities.
The day-to-day role involves telling our story, pitching our event and business opportunities, closing deals, and maintaining strong relations and partnerships. The Business Development
Manager is sales focused but will work closely with the Marketing team, complimenting one another on the Association’s efforts to hit sales targets, drive attendance for venues and events, build strategic relationships, improve the sales process, and get new customers and clients to The District.
Reporting to the Director of Sales and Retail, the Business Development Manager will be expected to be a driven individual with a passion for selling and growing our business.
Experience in marketing sales and sponsorship opportunities is an asset. We are looking for a candidate with an existing network in southwestern Ontario, strong organizational skills, as well as someone who has knowledge in one or more of the following categories; consumer and trade shows, community events, fairs, agriculture and food, markets, racing, sports, tourism.
- Minimum of 5 years of outside sales experience in London and the region.
- Position Responsibilities:
- Prospecting and selling sponsorships, exhibitor spaces, Fair, F&B Corporate and Team
- Functions for The Raceway, The Grove, Agriplex, Sports Centre and Agri-Food Events.
- Develop sales strategies working with the creative marketing team to achieve revenue targets and objectives together.
- Liaise with agriculture consumer and trade show officials and promoters to gain ideas for contemporary development of Western Fair Agriculture shows and potential future opportunities.
- Report weekly on sales strategies, forecasts, and anticipated outcomes.
- Foster and leverage positive relationships with local, regional clients and partners.
- Seek out and recommend new business ventures or ideas that will increase revenues.
- Make periodic visits with key accounts, explore specific or changing needs, and look for new opportunities.
- Seek out similar competitors to expand knowledge base.
- Provide contract information as required within set deadlines.
- Maintain knowledge and familiarity of the Ungerboeck software to complete tasks as needed.
- Maintain timely and effective communication with all departments.
- Update job knowledge by participating in professional organizations.
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of the Western Fair District.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Western Fair District.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Post-Secondary education in a related field.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Strong closing skills.
- A commitment to excellence in all tasks, and a professional presence.
- A dynamic personality that is results driven and thrives in a fast-paced team environment.
- Self-starter personality with proven time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft applications.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Western Fair District provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, human resources will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.