Western Fair District is a not-for-profit agricultural Association that has deep roots in the City, evolving over a century-and-a-half from an agricultural fall Fair to a multi-faceted event centre which includes music and shopping, gaming and sports. The District is committed to providing entertaining experiences that enrich your life and the community and as part of our “not-for- profit” status we reinvest our revenue surpluses into upgrading our facilities and products to meet the needs of our community.
The Yuk Yuks Supervisor reports directly to the Community Programs Manager. Key areas of responsibility include planning, promotion, and operational management of the Yuk Yuks business unit to meet budget targets. Plans and carries out all sales activities of group ticket sales for Yuk Yuk’s to meet or exceed attendance and ticket revenue goals; and ensures the smooth functioning of group bookings and ticket sales by managing the quality of the product and service delivery. Key areas of responsibility also include planning, promotion, logistics, back of house, and public relations in support of the Entertainment Department.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Brand advocate for the District.
- Supervision of the Yuk yuk’s team.
- Develops with and maintains direct marketing activities, sales action plans, strategies and promotional materials for all Yuk Yuks activities. (Comedy, Trivia, Karaoke, etc)
- Responds to sales inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person.
- Oversees the processing of all group sales orders by double-checking for accuracy in meeting customer requests and direct customer contact.
- Follows up on client experience, and product and service delivery.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Room set-up, table groupings.
- Main check-in person for the Comedians on show nights. Making sure they keep to their schedule and timing.
- Must comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Western Fair District Health & Safety Policy and Awareness Program/Safety Manual, all Western Fair District procedures and any other applicable legislation.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 20-30 hours per week
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Smart Serve an asset
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong skills in the areas of: Communication, Leadership & Conflict Resolution
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available, upon request, throughout the entire recruitment process. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.