Western Fair District is a not-for-profit agricultural Association that has deep roots in the City, evolving over a century-and-a-half from an agricultural fall Fair to a multi-faceted event centre which includes music and shopping, gaming and sports. The District is committed to providing entertaining experiences that enrich your life and the community and as part of our “not-for- profit” status we reinvest our revenue surpluses into upgrading our facilities and products to meet the needs of our community.
Reporting directly to the Senior Sales Manager, the Sales Representative are a part of a dynamic team that sell all opportunities in the District as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Prospect and sell exhibitor spaces and sponsorship for Agriculture and Consumer trade shows
- Achieve sales targets utilizing cold calling skills, existing business relationships and innovative prospecting
- Execute sales strategies to meet and exceed targets as set forth by the Director.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with local, regional clients and partners.
- Wow the customer.
- Work extensively throughout the business community
- Seek out new business partners.
- Maintain timely and effective communication with all departments.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Strong closing skills
- A dynamic personality that is results-driven and thrives in a fast-paced team environment
- Post-Secondary education in a related field is preferred
- 2+ years sales
- Exceptional Customer Service skills.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The desire to work in a multi-faceted business, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- A commitment to excellence in all tasks, and a professional presence.
- Self-starter personality with proven time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft applications
- Current (and in good standing) drivers license
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends throughout the year
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Western Fair District
- Other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Western Fair District
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
- Job Type: Full-time Experience:
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (Required)
- Event or trade show sales (Preferred)