Western Fair District is a not-for-profit agricultural Association that has evolved over a century-and-a-half to a multi-faceted event centre which includes agriculture, education, sports, entertainment, music, and shopping. Today, everything from the annual fall fair, consumer and trade shows, dining, meeting and banquet facilities, to The Raceway, The Market, Yuk Yuk’s Comedy Club, The Grove, Agriplex and Sports Centre, make us a prominent year-round entertainment, education and recreation destination.
The Program & Development Manager, The Grove is responsible for the execution of The Grove’s strategic priorities, fulfillment and monitoring of The Grove’s FedDev Ontario grant milestones and reporting requirements, overall leadership and operations of The Grove at Western Fair District.
Responsibilities of the Program & Development Manager, The Grove
- Implement strategic priorities for The Grove approved by WFA’s Board of Governors
- Monitor and provide progress reports to WFA’s Senior Leadership Team related to the Association’s Strategic Plan, and its commitments to FedDev Ontario.
- Provide oversight and leadership to WFD’s employees working within The Grove.
- Manage tenant and business relations for The Grove negotiating contracts, as necessary.
- Develop relationships with key partners and collaborators.
- Market, promote and network to grow The Grove on a regional/provincial level to develop a tenant pipeline for The Grove.
- Develop a schedule of events to support Grove tenants and prospects with our community partners – mentorship, business supports.
- Oversee all aspects of the Incubator Cells including but not limited to managing, scheduling, equipment rentals and cleaning.
- Responsible for establishing, implementing operational practices ensuring The Grove runs smoothly and meets projected revenues and sales estimates.
- Health & Safety knowledge with a focus on food manufacturing/production.
- Apply innovative approaches and technologies.
- Work with contractors, other WFA team members and prospective tenants to design and build accelerator spaces.
- Foster a collaborative culture within The Grove.
- Other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Western Fair District.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in business or related field
- General Management experience with an interest in Food & Beverage
- Experience starting or running their own business in the food sector an asset
- Entrepreneurial mindset and clear thinking
- Business development and strategy implementation knowledge
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Ability to close deals, manage and drive growth
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
- Self-starter, collaborator, team player
- Innovative, technology focused
- Work as a team player, promoting a positive and professional work environment while conducting the role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Western Fair District.
Deadline to apply is February 24, 2021
If you’re interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org