Reports directly to the Business Manager and/or Supervisor on Duty. Attendants work with Operators to assist in ice resurfacing duties during programming including moving nets, cleaning benches etc. and fills out all applicable documentation. Performs general custodial, event operations and customer service duties. Must be available days, evenings, weekends and some midnights. This is a part-time position, and the wage is $16.50/hr.
Responsibilities of Facility Attendants Include:
- Performs a variety of general maintenance duties. Including but not limited to: custodial duties, equipment set up and removal, snow removal, minor maintenance including painting of assigned areas of WFD buildings.
- Ensures that all public areas of the WFD facilities are safe, clean and tidy within assigned facilities.
- Operates assigned equipment including power scrubbers, power washers, ice painting machines, tractors, trucks, forklifts etc. as needed
- Assists in the preparation and delivery of event services.
- Responds to inquiries from the customers and provides general information.
- Sets up equipment for regular and special events.
- Reports any problems to supervisor on duty in a timely manner to ensure a clean, safe and healthy facility.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- The ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be physically strong enough to lift and move heavy objects, such as hockey nets.
- The ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Prolonged standing and walking.
- Physically demanding - must have the ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Environment - moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity.
- Shifts will include days, afternoons, weekend/holidays. Overnights may also be required.
• Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
• Act as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
• Abide by the policies and procedures of Western Fair District
• Other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Western Fair District