JOB DESCRIPTION – Infield Lead Hand
Reports to: Track & Paddock Supervisor
The Operations – Infield Lead Hand reports directly to the Infield Track Supervisor. Key Responsibilities include maintenance and repair of the racetrack and equipment, as well as leadership of employees when Track Supervisor is absent.
Responsibilities of Operations – Infield Lead Hand
- Responsible for the regular maintenance of the racetrack and assisting with the grounds crew. Duties include lifting, raking, shoveling, installing fencing and snow removal.
- Responsible for assisting with maintaining the grounds, Sports Centre, Slots, Raceway, Event Buildings, Clubhouse Administration, Agriplex and adjacent parking lots to ensure the facility is ready for scheduled events.
- Assists with grounds maintenance tasks such as snow removal, turf repair and maintenance, welding, blazing etc.
- Carries out clean up duties, sweeping, etc.
- Operates several types of related equipment and ensures equipment is in good sound working order.
- Prepare reports, log books, purchase requisitions, etc. as required.
- Ensures work area is clean and safe.
- Must comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Western Fair District Health & Safety Policy and Awareness Program/Safety Manual, all Western Fair District procedures and any other applicable legislation.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2-3 years related experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license (DZ license preferred)
- Must be able to obtain AGCO license
- Available nights, weekends and some mornings based on qualifiers and winter weather assessment and maintenance
- Ability to operate equipment such as tractor’s, Industrial loader, water truck, dump truck, large snow plow equipment , road grader
- Work is performed while standing, sitting, or walking
- Continuous bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching
- Regular lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of medium weights up to 50 lbs
- Environment - moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, possible exposure to dust, dirt and animals
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Western Fair District
- Other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Western Fair District