Western Fair Association annually provides thousands of local school children free agriculture tours during the Western Fair. With the recent cancellation of the physical fair due to pandemic restrictions, we are offering a FREE valuable virtual package of agriculture education that will be available for teachers and their students to benefit from in the classroom or through online learning at home.
Working with our partners: Growing Chefs Ontario, Farm & Food Care Ontario, Ontario Federation of Agriculture, AgScape and several of the Province’s top commodity groups, we are excited to deliver V-PODs (Virtual Places of Discovery) where you can learn about each industry through videos, activities, Q&A, and more.
1. Register to receive access to our resource library and virtual schedule of events that will go live starting September 14th.
*NOTE: Student emails block emails from Eventbrite and event organizers. Please use a different email if you are able.
2. Pick which age group your class or student(s) is in (5-11 or 12-18). Content will be geared towards each group.
3. Check back in August for a full breakdown of events available (emails will also be sent out as reminders and with additional information)
4. Choose to participate in 1 or 5 V-PODs. Each POD will be available to you after, but will include a recording of videos instead of the live segment.
5. Registration will provide access to 2 BONUS features from Growing Chefs! Ontario (cooking demos) and Middlesex London Food Policy Council (Food Waste).
6. Share your experience through social media to receive classroom Fair ribbons & prizes!
Monday, September 14th to Friday, September 18th, 2020
- Morning segments- Junior Group Ages 5-11
- Afternoon segments- Senior Group Ages 12-18
Students ages 5-18, teachers & parents
From the comfort of your classroom or home!
*More information to follow
- V-POD 1 (Sept 14th) Grain Farmers of Ontario
- V-POD 2 (Sept 15th) Beef Farmers of Ontario
- V-POD 3 (Sept 16th) Egg Farmers of Ontario
- V-POD 4 (Sept 17th) Ontario Fruit & Vegetable Growers Association
- V-POD 5 (Sept 18th) Dairy Farmers of Ontario
Stay tuned for additional information on our schedule of events and program deliverables.
If you have any questions, please contact Morgan MacTavish: