Facilities & Services
The Sports Centre at Western Fair District is a state-of-the-art 160,000 square foot multi-use facility known as a leader amongst the many ice facilities available in London and Ontario. The Sports Centre is known as the #1 tournament facility in southwestern Ontario. From local leagues to international tournaments, the Sports Centre has all the amenities and experienced staff to host your next sports event.
- Located on the south side of Western Fair property - off Florence Street
- 3 NHL Ice Surfaces - 85' x 200' Seating for 150 in each NHL Rink
- 1 Olympic Ice Surface - 100' x 200' Seating for 1500
- Food and Beverage Service
- 23 Dressing rooms; each with a washroom and showers
- Office and Meeting Rooms / Banquet Rooms
- Pro Shop/Retail Store/Skate Sharpening Operated by Pete’s Sports
- Interactive Games Area
- Uses - Hockey, Ringette, Figure Skating, Sledge Hockey, Agriculture, Equestrian and Livestock Shows
- Other Potential Uses - Trade Shows and Banquets, Arena Football, Concerts, Boxing and Wrestling, etc.
- General Contractors are Ball Construction Inc., headquartered in Kitchener, and John Hayman & Sons of London. Project Managers are Jason Ball and Peter Hayman
- The design is a split-level facility highlighting the spectator arena from the main lobby
- The building is approximately 161,000 square feet, or three times the size of the Western Fair Progress Building
- The facility is wheelchair accessible and two ice pads are designed to accomodate Sledge Hockey Player
Check out a virtual tour on google maps click here
Meeting rooms and ice
Western Fair's Historical Gate In Queen's Park Will Be Refurbished read more...
Western Fair District’s Confederation Building - Receives Ontario Trillium Foundation Grant for New Roof read more...