2018 Agricultural Leadership Intern Program
All supporting documentation must be submitted on or before FRIDAY, APRIL 20, 2018
Become a paid Agricultural Intern at Western Fair District (WFD)
The program is designed to expand the student’s knowledge of the importance of agriculture, ag-education programming and public service. It will also provide learning and professional experiences for the intern.
what you’ll be doing
- Program runs from May to August 31, 2018.
- Develop innovative new agricultural program, display or activity for the Annual Western Fair.
- Develop new resources and programming, relevant to multigrade curriculums, for the 2018 Agricultural School Tour Program.
- Work in partnership with WFD and affiliate Agri-Businesses for 2018 events.
- Plan an innovative agriculture education link between consumer and producer for a relevant WFD show.
- Agricultural Ambassador for WFD, positively promotes the value of agriculture on behalf of WFD in all relationships.
how to apply
1. Completed application and all supporting documentation must be submitted online on or before FRIDAY, APRIL 20, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
2. Required Documents:
- Application Form, available at here
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from someone other than a family member.
- Unofficial academic transcript which states your course, subjects, results, completion date, graduation date and is signed by a teacher, counsellor or professor.
3. All documentation is to be directed to, Cheron Chamberlain, Agriculture Manager at email@example.com on or before the above noted deadline date.
4. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Western Fair District is a progressive not-for-profit agricultural society that supports the on-going development of the agricultural industry through a number of events. The organization has deep roots in the City, evolving over a century-and-a-half from an agricultural fall fair to a year-round entertainment, agricultural, commercial, sports & recreational destination for southwestern Ontario.
Recent Agricultural Achievements:
2018 London Farm Show
- Proud member of the Farm Show Council (international).
- Largest Spring Farm Show in Eastern Canada.
Partnership with Growing Chefs
• Western Fair District presenting sponsor of The School Food Education Project with Growing Chefs.
Standardbred Alliance of Tracks
- Member of an innovative new co-op of Ontario Racetracks. Horse
- Racing is the third largest agri-business in Ontario.
2017 Annual Western Fair
- Agricultural Award Winner for fairs with 150,000–250,000 attendance. (IAFE - International Association of Fairs & Exhibitions).
have a question?
To learn more about the WFD Agricultural Leadership Intern Program please contact:
- Call 519.438.7203 x 321 or toll free 1.800.619.4629 x 321
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Western Fair District, Agricultural Leadership Intern Program
316 Rectory Street, London ON N5W 3V9