ADULT WINTER LEAGUE UPDATE
We have made the difficult decision to postpone the start of our Adult Winter League. We feel the current provincial restrictions and the effect on our operation do not present a good opportunity to offer a quality league experience. We have decided to take this time to continue to adapt our operation to the programming needs of our various user groups and focus our efforts on reopening in an efficient, effective way.
While a later start date has not been set, we are hopeful that we will be able to offer some programming come 2021. Please stay tuned for updates!
Thank you for your understanding and patience!
July 30th - COVID-19 Update:
ICE TIMES AVAILABLE!
We are now taking bookings for the month of August! Limited times available, enhanced safety measures and facility protocol in place. Email email@example.com to book your time to get back on the ice! We can’t wait to see you here!
ADULT LEAGUES UPDATE
Unfortunately we have made the decision to cancel the remainder of our summer adult league season. We will be refunding all payments made. Captains and individuals should have received an email with further details regarding refund process. If you did not receive an email or have a question regarding leagues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently evaluating options for our Adult Winter League this fall, and hope to have an update to share in the coming weeks.
CURRENT FACILITY REGULATIONS
As provincial regulations are updated, we continue to work with our local health unit to determine protocol that ensures the safe enjoyment of our facility. Below is a summary of our current regulations and safety protocol in place at the facility:
- Maximum 20 individuals on the ice TOTAL - including any instructors, goalies, extra shooters, etc.
- Access will only be granted to those with scheduled ice time a maximum of 15 minutes before their ice time. No early admittance.
- All participants are to enter at the side entrance by Rink D, Tony’s Rink. We have one-way hallways and a separate exit, follow signage for the appropriate flow of traffic.
- Dressing rooms are now available for use. Participants are encouraged to show up in full gear, as timing in the rooms is limited to 15 minutes prior to and following each rental.
- Chairs and other rink touch points are cleaned between use.
- Parents/spectators are not permitted to stay and watch any sessions. It is up to the instructor if 1 parent is permitted to stay for 1-on-1 lessons or sessions with only 1 adult present. That individual must stand inside the rink area and not in the hallway.
- No spitting, no littering - take out what you brought in!
- No lingering in the facility - players must exit immediately following their ice time, and must have departed before the next group enters.
- Face coverings are mandatory inside the facility when not on-ice. Participants may remove the face covering immediately before stepping on-ice, and are expected to put it on as soon as they are off the ice.
June 25th - COVID-19 Update:
We at the Sports Centre are happy to have started a transitional return to operation of our facility. As you may have seen, we are currently renting ice though it is on a very limited basis. In order to abide by provincial regulations and our emergency orders, only certain sanctioned activities are currently permitted to operate, such as those approved by the Ontario Hockey Federation and Skate Ontario. Indoor recreational activities such as public skates, leagues or pick up groups are still prohibited under the emergency orders.
While we are operating, we are not considered OPEN as access is limited only to those with scheduled ice times. We have also implemented additional protocol to ensure the safety of our users and staff.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work within local and provincial guidelines to return to play as quickly and safely as possible!
April 30th - COVID-19 Update: The Sports Centre will remain closed until at least June 1st.
April 15th - COVID-19 Update: The Sports Centre will remain closed until at least May 12th.
April 3rd - COVID-19 Update: Due to the continued spread of COVID-19, the Sports Centre will remain closed, through Sunday, May 3rd at the earliest.
The Sports Centre at Western Fair District is continually monitoring the situation updates on COVID-19 being provided by the three relevant levels of public health in Canada – the local health unit (Middlesex London Health Unit), Ontario Health, and the Public Health Agency of Canada. We will continue to provide updates as they become available.
The Sports Centre is known as the top tournament facility in southwestern Ontario.
The Sports Centre at Western Fair District is a 160,000 square foot multi-use facility known as a leader amongst the many ice facilities available in London and Ontario. From local leagues to international tournaments, the Sports Centre has all the amenities and experienced staff to host your next sports event.
NHL Ice Surfaces – 85′ x 200′ Seating for 150 in each NHL Rink
Olympic Ice Surface – 100′ x 200′ Seating for 1500
Food and Beverage Service
23 Dressing rooms; each with a washroom and showers
Office and Meeting Rooms / Banquet Rooms
Pro Shop/Retail Store/Skate Sharpening Operated by Pete’s Sports
Two ice pads are designed to accommodate Sledge Hockey Players
Dining options: Deke’s Bar & Grill and concession foods also available