February 26, 2021
With the Middlesex-London area re-entering the ORANGE zone, we have again updated our facility protocol:
Please review in detail, and if you are looking to book an ice time, please email email@example.com.
ORANGE LEVEL FACILITY REGULATIONS:
- Maximum of 20 participants. There may be up to 5 additional coaches/instructors/officials for a maximum of 25 per ice pad.
- MLHU SECTION 22 APPLIES - 24 players and coaches can be on an ice pad at once but would need to be divided into 2 groups of 12 with a 3-meter buffer between them (1.5m on each side of centre ice line). The ice surface can be divided length wise as long as 1.5m buffer is in place between each side and there is no cross over.
- Full ice drills could be run if 12 players are on the ice and 12 players are on the bench. The 12 players on the bench must maintain physical distancing.
- For team sports with substitutions, a maximum of 12 players are permitted on the roster. Individuals not actively participating (on the bench), 2 meters must be maintained between individuals.
- Arena access is only permitted 15 minutes before each rental and groups must leave within 15 minutes following their rental.
- Dressing rooms will again be available for use and assigned for each group. A maximum of 10 participants are permitted in each room. No players are permitted to change/put on skates etc. in hallways or rink perimeters. Shower facilities are not available for use at this time.
- All users must enter using the main entrance, check in with staff to complete screening and proceed directly to their assigned rooms (see the attached map)
- Everyone who enters the arena must be screened and provide contact information for contact tracing purposes. Associations will look after those that fall under them and all parents/guardians are required to complete the City of London health assessment.
- City rentals must complete the City Screening forms (team representative sign in + parent/guardian sign in)
- WFD rentals to complete the CanaTrace mobile screening
- Team sports may be played provided they are modified to avoid physical contact. No body contact is permitted.
- One parent/guardian is allowed for participants under the age of 18 to watch from the designated spectator viewing area. Siblings are not permitted. Parents/guardians must wear a mask and maintain their physical distance at all times.
- Coaches/Instructors must wear a mask at all times when on the ice
- No outside food or drink is permitted
- Masks must be worn at all times within the arena. The only exception is participants when they are on the ice.
FACILITY ACCESS MAP
We have partnered with CanaTrace to make participant screening easy! Simply scan the QR codes on site with your smartphone to complete the screening questions right on your device. Have the shield ready to show our staff at the entrance.
ICE TIMES ARE AVAILABLE!
Daytime and late night ice is available, Monday through Fridays. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your time.
Requests for primetime ice bookings (evenings and weekends) must be made through the City of London by calling 519-661-5575.
ADULT WINTER LEAGUE UPDATE
December 9, 2020
We have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020-21 Adult Winter League season. The current provincial restrictions and the effect on our operation do not present a good opportunity to offer a quality league experience in the new year. We hope to improvements to our current environment which will allow for us to offer a Summer League season beginning in the spring which will more closely resemble our usual league experience. Please stay tuned for updates!
Thank you for your understanding and patience!
The Sports Centre is known as a top tournament facility in southwestern Ontario, welcoming families from across the province, country, and North America.
The Sports Centre at Western Fair District is a 160,000 square foot multi-use facility known as a leader amongst the many ice facilities available in London and Ontario. From local leagues to international tournaments, the Sports Centre has all the amenities and experienced staff to host your next sports event.
NHL Ice Surfaces – 85′ x 200′ Seating for 150 in each NHL Rink
Olympic Ice Surface – 100′ x 200′ Seating for 1500
Food and Beverage Service
23 Dressing rooms; each with a washroom and showers
Office and Meeting Rooms / Banquet Rooms
Pro Shop/Retail Store/Skate Sharpening Operated by Pete’s Sports
Two ice pads are designed to accommodate Sledge Hockey Players
Dining options: Deke’s Bar & Grill and concession foods also available