Western Fair District is a not-for-profit agricultural Association that has deep roots in the City, evolving over a century-and-a-half from an agricultural fall Fair to a multi-faceted event centre which includes music and shopping, gaming and sports.
The District is committed to providing entertaining experiences that enrich your life and the community and as part of our “not-for-profit” status we reinvest our revenue surpluses into upgrading our facilities and products to meet the needs of our community.
We are currently seeking an Event Services Representative to join our Grandstand team!
Event Services staff report directly to the Grandstand Facility Manager. Event Services personnel are responsible for all janitorial and operational aspects of the grandstand facilities and offices.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Being a brand advocate for the District.
- Setting up and maintaining any event requirements within the Grandstand facilities.
- Assisting Event Personnel with setup and removal in Carousel Room.
- All janitorial cleaning of washrooms, floors, tables, chairs and other equipment within the Simulcast, Top of the Fair, Live Racing and Carousel Room areas.
- Operating and maintaining all cleaning equipment and report any issues to the Event Services Supervisor.
- Performing minor repairs, lighting and ceiling tile replacements in Grandstand areas as well as the Carousel Room and Top of the Fair.
- Changing signs as needed within the Grandstand area.
- Keeping an inventory of supplies and equipment needed.
- Maintaining outdoor appearance of event facilities, including snow removal, salting, garbage removal and changing of dump bins as required.
- Assisting with small painting projects and minor repairs.
- Reporting major repair, supply and equipment requirements to Facility Manager.
- Filling out Caretakers Log Book, and other documentation.
- Complying with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Western Fair Association (District) Health and Safety Policy and Awareness Program, all Western Fair Association (District)policies and procedures, including any other applicable legislation.
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- High School Education.
- 1-2 years custodial, maintenance or general labour experience.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- The ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- The ability to obtain WFD Forklift and Aerial Lift Device certification.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting, or walking.
- Continuous bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Regular lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of medium weights up to 50 lbs.
- Shifts could include days, afternoons, overnights and weekend/holidays.
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your cover letter and resume by Tuesday, February 21, 2017 @ 3:00pm.
The Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available, upon request, throughout the entire recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.