Communications and Content Coordinator
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Monday April 23, 2018 @ 3:
Western Fair District is a not-for-profit agricultural Association that has deep roots in the City, evolving over a century-and-a-half from an agricultural fall Fair to a multi-faceted event centre which includes music and shopping, gaming and sports.
The District is committed to providing entertaining experiences that enrich your life and the community and as part of our “not-for-profit” status we reinvest our revenue surpluses into upgrading our facilities and products to meet the needs of our community.
Since 1961 and as one of the top signature Raceways in the Province, we are proud to be South Western Ontario’s place to play! Featuring harness racing at its best - live on our half-mile track, October through May. Simulcast racing is available all year round, broadcasting races from all over North America!
We are currently seeking a Communications and Content Coordinator to join the District team!
The position of Communications and Content Coordinator manages the day to day marketing activities of the WFD. This position is responsible for the marketing, advertising and communication as it relates to all Western Fair District business owned and operated shows, events, The Market and assists with corporate branding and adherence.
- Oversee all marketing for the company and activities within the marketing department;
- Media releases and communication around all owned and operated shows and The Market
- Supports Raceway and Sports Centre marketing as required
- Coordinate with 3rd party marketing and sales media representatives to ensure WFD events, messaging and news is being communicated to news outlets; excludes Corporate communications
- Develop and implement pricing and promotions strategies in partnership with Sr. Sales Manager
- Oversee the marketing budget;
- Ensure marketing plans are executed and timely;
- Plan and implement promotional campaigns;
- Manage and improve lead generation campaigns, measuring results; reporting
- Manage online, radio, print and promotional marketing campaigns;
- Create a wide range of different marketing materials;
- Work closely with partners and agencies;
- Maintain and grow relationships with local and regional media to ensure the most effective messaging, positioning and coverage of the WFD as well as securing the best ad rates for the WFD;
- Research and create content for the website and for future opportunities to grow business;
- Analyze potential new media channels and strategic partner relationships for company marketing;
- Analyze market trends, customer research, market conditions and competitor information;
- Other related duties as required or assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 5 years work in a marketing environment
- Strong teamwork, organization and communications skills
- Ability to deliver creative content
- Ability to plan and manage several assignments at once and demonstrate initiative, flexibility and good judgment
- Confident, consistent, decisive personality
- Flexible work schedule (during events and fall Fair)
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Western Fair District
- Other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Western Fair District
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Monday, April 23, 2018 @ 3:00pm to email@example.com!
For further information, please visit us online at: www.westernfairdistrict.com.
The Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available, upon request, throughout the entire recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted