- Open to all competitors 21 years of age and under as of January 1, 2018.
- Open to Canadian exhibitors only.
- ALL ANIMALS MUST HAVE A CCIA TAG.
- Competitors must be able to control their animal in the show ring on their own.
- All animals will be judged as Progress. All animals must be born in 2017.
- All cattle must be broke to show.
- Only cattle entered in the show will be permitted on the premises.
- Market steers and heifers classes will be split by weight. Breeding heifer classes will be split by breed and age.
- Market steers and heifers weigh-in weight is the official show weight – No re-weighs.
- All entries in the Purebred Heifer classes must have official registration papers and ear tattoos according to the Canadian Breed Associations. Animals must be tattooed before show arrival.
- Substitutions will be allowed at the discretion of the committee. A committee member must be contacted prior to arrival.
- NO MINIMUM NUMBER OF ANIMALS REQUIRED TO MAKE UP A BREED DIVISION (based on Canadian Breed Associations).
- Classes will be split accordingly by the Committee’s Discretion.
- All cattle will be inspected for any contagious bovine disease (e.g. ringworm). Any livestock found unacceptable will be asked to leave.
- ANYONE CAUGHT IN THE ACT OF UNETHICAL PRACTICES ON CATTLE WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE EJECTED (ex. Pumping and Drenching).
- Showmanship splits are as follows:
Tyke Class Under 9 with assistance no entry fee
*AGE ISOF JANUARY 1, 2018
Pee-Wee UNDER 9 (must show on their own)
Novice 9 – 11
Intermediate 15 – 17
Senior 18 – 21
Competitors must use their own entry to compete in showmanship.
- JUNIOR BEEF EXPO COMMITTEE HAS FINAL DECISION ON ALL MATTERS.
- All exhibitors must have paid an entry fee to show.
- Arrival time for cattle will be after 1:00 PM on Friday March 16th. Cattle must be in the barn by 11 AM on Saturday, March 17th. Processing will begin promptly at 11 AM.
- ****FAMILY & PEER INVOLVEMENT WILL BE PERMITTED****.
- No tieouts available. Cattle must remain in the barn overnight. All cattle must remain in the barn until the completion of the show on Sunday, March 26.
- There will be absolutely no admittance into the barn from 10:00pm Saturday, March 17th until 5:00am Sunday, March 18th.
- EXHIBITORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN FEED AND BEDDING.