Are you a registered not-for-profit looking for a donation or sponsorship? Please submit your request for the Western Fair District to consider.
WFD Donation Criteria
All donations must meet the following criteria:
Restricted to charities and not-for-profit organizations.
Registered charities operating in London and surrounding counties.
Donation recipients are not guaranteed contributions from the Association year-after-year. Donation support is rotated annually, if annual requests for donations are received and remain valid.
Due to the number of schools and sporting teams in the region WFD supports we cannot fund all such requests, therefore we do not accept any such donation applications.
No 3rd party requests. (3rd party requests are organizations fundraising to support another group/organization in their name.) e.g. Kiwanis Club has a fundraising event that they wish WFD to support. All proceeds from the event will go to the Canadian Cancer Society, in their clubs name, thus WFD’s support is not recognized.)
WFD Sponsorship Criteria
All sponsorships must meet the following criteria:
- WFD will solicit and support only projects and activities that are consistent with the Association’s mission and mandate.
- Acceptance of sponsorships must enhance, and shall not impede, WFD’s ability to act in the best interest of the community at all times.
- WFD’s name, logo and other intangible intellectual assets must be protected at all times.
- Sponsorships are a minimum of 1 year to maximum of three and expectations should be clear and documented in a sponsorship agreement.
- Agreement should be clear and documented in a sponsorship agreement/contract.
DONATION: A free or benevolent contribution or gift, to a charity or non-profit institution requesting support of a fundraising initiative.
SPONSORSHIP: A sponsorship arrangement is a business arrangement whereby the WFD commits resources (monies and/or in-kind resources) to support a specific project or activity that has greater impact on the WFD’s brand and corporate citizenship, but does not share in the profits or underlying risks of the project and receives a benefit (e.g., marketing or advertising opportunity.) e.g. The WFD contributes funds to an event, program or even a capital project and receives a benefit (e.g., specific image and marketing opportunities) from the associated support/publicity.
All donations will be in the form of one or more of the following:
Western Fair District Gift Card which allows admission into any WFD operated event.
Community/Corporate Donation Cheque
Miscellaneous WFD branded items