Please Note: This information applies to all Competitions & Sections offered for the 2020 Western Fair. See individual Competition and Section Rules for additions and/or exceptions to this information.
- All rules that apply to Western Fair events and any which specifically apply to the dates that the Western Fair runs will be enforced from the date the online entries open Tuesday June 11th to the date that online entries close Friday August 28th, 2020
- Entry Forms and photos/ videos must be submitted online through the Woobox portal on the Western Fair District website by 4:00 p.m. on the day specified for each Class as the Closing Date for Entries, unless otherwise noted. To see the classes, please click here.
- Entries must be made online. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, we are not able to accept physical entries at this time.
- When uploading your photos online, please use an item description with your photo. This is how Western Fair District will label your uploads.
- The Western Fair District reserves the right to accept or reject any entry, and to display only those entries that are of acceptable quality.
- Entries which have been shown at any previous Exhibition of the Western Fair may not be entered. Unless otherwise stated, all articles must be strictly the production of the person making the entry, and must have been completed within the last three years (since September 2017)
- If any question is raised as to the exhibitor’s production, ownership or right to compete, the Competition Coordinator may require the exhibitor to make a statutory declaration that the article in question is the production and property of the exhibitor.
- Exhibitors may make only one entry in any one section, unless otherwise specified. The same entry or article may not be entered in more than one class and/or section.
- Exhibitors must choose the Class and Section in which they enter entries. However, the Western Fair may transfer any entry which is entered into a wrong Class or Section into the proper Class or Section. Prior to judging, the Western Fair may combine any Section or Sections where there are not sufficient entries to provide competition. *Competition: A competition that may be judged and prize money awarded requires 3 entries per section i.e. 3 sections = 9 entries. Otherwise only a ribbon will be awarded to the single entrant for a placing decided by the judge for that particular competition.
- In all Classes and Sections, the Judge(s)’ and/or Competition Coordinator’s decision is final, except where fraud, misrepresentation or collusion, not discovered at the time of the award, is proven. In such cases, the Board of Governors of the Western Fair District shall make the final decision.
- In all Classes & Sections the Judge(s) and/or Competition Coordinator may decide:
a) Not to award a prize
b) To ask for a tie. In this event prize winners will equally divide prize money for that section.
c) To move an entry to another section, prior to judging.
d) To question authenticity of an entry.
- Entries are not to be delivered to the administration building, they must be entered online. For those requiring technical assistance with entering an entry online, please see our video our website or refer to our instructions on page 4.
- The right to alter, interpret, amend, add to or cancel any of these rules or to grant relaxation from them is reserved to the Board of Governors of the Western Fair District. Should dispute arise between any exhibitors, whether a private individual, company, corporation or government, and the District or its Officers, the dispute or difference shall be referred to the Board of Governors, whose decision will be final.
- Should any question arise which is not provided for in the Information for Exhibitors the decision of the Board of Governors of the Western Fair District shall be final.
- The Western Fair District will not be responsible for the payment of prizes or any form of sponsorship offered by Businesses, Clubs, Societies or Individuals.