We’re a quirky bunch of people, from the weird rituals we have before running to the funny things we do while running there’s no shortage of weirdness! Here are a few running superstitions from other runners that they do prior to a race or training run.
- Putting Body Glide on your feet (to avoid blisters).
- Eating the same food before races. Lucky Charms… Really?
- Having a tube of ChapStick (or else, you might as well kiss that PR buh-bye).
- Tying your running shoes, then untying them, and tying them again, just to make sure you did it right.
- Listening to “Eye of the Tiger” in the corral. (Get that song out of your head now!)
- Wearing two different coloured/patterned socks (i.e., one red and one green).
- Pinning your bib on the night before and laying your clothes on the floor in the shape of a person (yes, socks, armband, and hat, too).
- Cleaning your race shoes prior to the race (or else, you will trip and break your ankle).
- Putting your clothes on in the same order every time (underwear, shorts, left sock, right sock, then shirt).
- Wearing the same lucky underwear for every race.
Have you done any of these things before a run or race? Have any to add? Maybe you can relate to the ridiculous routines of runners described here!
Adapted from RunHaven.com