Which came first, the chicken or the keg? Luckily, you don’t have to choose between sampling delicious food, brews and more at this year’s Beer & BBQ Show at the Agriplex at Western Fair District. Rediscover your summer state of mind on June 14-15 and enjoy lip-smacking old favourites and exciting new features. Quench your thirst by sampling the best Canadian breweries, representing over fifty Ontario craft beers, and non-beer options including wine, coolers, hard juice and featured liquor brands. Whether a BBQ connoisseur or a non-meat eater, with options for all this event is sure to leave a good taste in your mouth!
Things are about to get heated! Break a sweat and find balance while enjoying the best of local craft at Beer Yoga. Waft in the smoky aroma of the grill as you experience all the tastes of summer. Burn off energy and compete against your crew at the Forest City Sport and Social Games area. Enjoy live music throughout the day and concerts at night with Sloan rocking the stage Friday and The Reklaws catchy pop-meets-country sound on Saturday. With so much to experience and flavours to savour, the real question is - who will be more stoked, you or the barbeque?
While at the show you can enjoy:
The Barbecue: Grab a plate! We’ve got some unique flavours this year, welcoming dishes such as:
- Southern Fried BBQ with Lou Dawg’s Southern BBQ
- Porchetta with Salsa Verde from C’Angelina’s
- Philly Cheese Steak and Pulled Pork Tacos from Field to Truck Mobile Eatery
- Barbecued Rabbit Legs from Rokeby Farms
- Gelato on a brioche bun from The Cream Beanery (this counts as BBQ right?)
- Grilled marinated chicken breast in Chef Michael’s house made BBQ Sauce, topped with Grilled Pineapple/Avocado slaw and presented slider style from Spectra
- Vegan Garbanzo Sliders, Vegan burgers, Mexican street corn, and more!
The Beer: We don’t know if 2019 is the year of the craft beer, but we’ve got some unique ones! Be sure to check out:
- Raspberry Radler & 25th Anniversary Lager from Waterloo Brewing
- Hop City Barking Squirrel: This amber lager is highly drinkable-a superbly smooth balancing act of hop bitterness and roasted caramel malt sweetness
- The FM96 Breakfast Beer – The Tazmania Golden Ale in partnership with Powerhouse Brewing Company
- Many local London favourites, including: Black Fly Beverage Company, Crafty Elk, Mojitos Lounge, Railway City Brewing Company, Anderson Craft Ales and Powerhouse Brewing
- Oh Canada! Support our maple leaf state with breweries from Windsor, Toronto, Sarnia – even as far as Calgary!
- Broil King Giveaway: We are proud to welcome back the Broil King area, presented by Home Hardware and Home Hardware Building Centres, who will be raffling off a Regal 590 Broil King
- Grilling Stage: Be sure to stop by our grilling stage for some sizzling recipes and our Dueling BBQ’s competition.
- Get your game face on: Be sure to join Forest City Sports and Social Club for their Games Area!
- Take a Load Off: As always, our friends at Labatt’s will be on site with their lounge for those that need to sip and unwind during the show
- Friday night rock night with Taylor Knox, Texas King and Sloan
- Saturday afternoon Justine Chantale and Connor Wilson hit the music stage. The country keeps going into Saturday night with Cory James Mitchell Band, Sons of Daughters and The Reklaws
- Beer Yoga, with Yoga Glow Studio. Learn some fun and relaxing movements, all while holding (or sipping) a beer! Mats are provided. Sessions run Friday at 7 p.m. and Saturday at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. for a ½ hour each
- Dueling BBQ’s: Have you ever seen the show ‘Nailed It’? Well we have Western Fair District’s very own edition, complete with a unique burger from Paradise Cream that our radio station hosts will be trying to replicate! Join us Saturday afternoon at 2 p.m. for what is sure to be a lively competition
- 20 Questions Trivia is back by popular demand! Test your knowledge at the indoor lounge Friday at 8pm, Saturday at 1pm or 3pm
Radio Stations Onsite Promos:
- The CORUS Big Rig Truck and Summer Cruisers will be onsite all weekend long at the Beer & BBQ Show. FM96 will be onsite Friday, June 14 doing live cut-ins, handing out swag items PLUS handing out samples of the new FM96 Breakfast Beer – The Tazmania Golden Ale in partnership with Powerhouse Brewing Company.
- Country 104 will be presenting The Reklaws and broadcasting live from the CORUS Big Rig Truck on Saturday, June 15.
- Classic Rock, 98.1 presents Sloan, the Ryan Valdron Show will be LIVE on Friday 2-7pm and their Road Crew will be onsite with prizing, music and games.
- Today’s Country BX93 & Virgin Radio will have their Tailgate Team and Virgin Hit Squad complete with their backyard games. Plus, Lynzee (BX93) and J Stevens (Virgin) will broadcast live from the Beer & BBQ Show Friday, June 14th from 2pm-6pm
- Jack 102.3 is partnering with Railway City Brewery and creating a new exclusive BREW only available at this year’s Beer & BBQ Show
New Dates & Times
Must be 19+ years to attend. Photo ID is required. No babies, toddlers, or children allowed at the show.
Friday June 14th @ 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Saturday, June 15th Afternoon @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Saturday, June 15th Evening @ 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
**Please note, we will be taking a break from 5 pm - 6 pm, and reopening from 6 pm - 11 pm**
Western Fair District Agriplex
845 Florence Street
London, ON N5W 6G6
Ticket Information (all prices include taxes & fees)
BUY YOUR TICKET IN ADVANCE AND SAVE! LIMITED QUANITIES AVAILABLE.
Friday 6pm - 11pm: $16
Saturday 12pm - 5pm: $12
Saturday 6pm - 11pm: $25
Wingman Passes (Limited Quantities Available): Valid for Two (2) General Admission 19+ and 30 Sample Tokens.
**Wingmen must arrive together for admission to be valid**
Friday - 6pm - 11pm: $60 **Sloan concert included with admission**
Saturday Afternoon - 12 pm - 5pm: $52
Saturday 6pm - 11pm: $80
Weekend Passport (Limited Quantities Available) Good for one entry EVERY SESSION - June 14th and 15th, 2019: $42.25
30 Sample Tokens: $25.55