Western Fair District is a not-for-profit agricultural Association that has deep roots in the City, evolving over a century-and-a-half from an agricultural fall Fair to a multi-faceted event centre which includes music and shopping, gaming and sports.
The District is committed to providing entertaining experiences that enrich your life and the community and as part of our “not-for-profit” status we reinvest our revenue surpluses into upgrading our facilities and products to meet the needs of our community.
We are currently seeking a Sales Manager to join our team!
Reporting directly to the Director of Sales and Customer Experience, Sales Managers are a part of a dynamic team that sell all opportunities in the District as assigned.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Being a brand Advocate for the District
- Prospecting and selling for all business units, sponsorships, exhibitor spaces, Fair, Building Rentals, Corporate Functions, Sports Centre
- Achieving Sales Targets and objectives as set out by the Director of Sales and Customer Experience.
- Developing sales strategies to meet and exceed targets.
- Reporting weekly on sales strategies and forecasts and anticipated outcomes.
- Fostering and leveraging positive relationships with local, regional clients and partners.
- Meeting the Customer Service metrics
- Seeking out and recommending new business ventures or ideas that will increase revenues.
- Making periodic visits with key accounts, explores specific or changing needs – looks for new opportunities.
- Seeking out similar competitors to expand knowledge base.
- Providing contract information as required within the set deadlines.
- Maintaining timely and effective communication with all departments.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in professional organizations.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A Post-Secondary education in a related field.
- 3-5 years of sales experience.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- The desire to work in a multi-faceted business, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Strong closing skills
- A commitment to excellence in all tasks, and a professional presence.
- A dynamic personality that is results driven and thrives in a fast paced team environment.
- Self-starter personality with proven time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft applications.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Monday, February 13, 2017 @ 3:00pm.
The Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available, upon request, throughout the entire recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.