Bacon Jam, Kahlua Pork, or Dead Elephant Ale: Many “Must Try” Options at the 2013 London Wine & Food Show
Wed 2 Jan 2013 | Comments (0)
Sip on your favourite chardonnay, or treat your palate to a vintage shiraz. Compliment with an aged cheddar, or a perfectly portioned appetizer. Excite in sampling the newest craft beer or Fireball whisky and don’t forget to sprinkle in an olive oil or mushroom tasting seminar. Now in its 8th year, the London Wine & Food Show, presented by White Oaks Mall, returns Thursday, January 10 – Saturday, January 12 with even more reasons to bring your taste buds!
Beverage exhibitors will feature a wide range of local, regional and internationally recognized wines, craft beers, and spirits. For the food lover in all of us, local restaurant and specialty food exhibitors will bring sampling options to suit all sweet and savoury seekers.
One of the best things about the London Wine & Food Show is trying something you’ve never had before. Here’s a taste of some of our must-try picks:
- The “Bog Panini” - thick sliced artisan bread with extra old cheddar, fresh sliced granny smith apples and gourmet spiced apple pepper jelly.
- Kahula Pork on a Bun with a Blue Hawaiian to wash it down.
- Fireball Whisky
- Baby Bay Scallops with Bacon Jam
- Purple Potato Soup
- Dead Elephant Ale
Try one of the free tasting seminars and learn a little but taste a lot!
Seminars are first come, first serve, so show up early to get your spot!
Seminars for foodies:
· Olive Oil Tasting – Saturday – Hosted by Olive & Me
· Appetizer Making – Saturday – Hosted by Sunset Gourmet
· Cheese Tasting – Daily– Hosted by Dairy Farmers of Canada
· Make it with Mushrooms – Saturday – Hosted by Mushrooms Canada
Seminars for the beer, spirit and wine enthusiast:
· Craft Beer Tasting – Friday & Saturday - Hosted by Laura Campeau
· Host a Beer Dinner Party – Friday – Hosted by Food Network’s Steve Riley
· Canadian Whisky – Saturday - Hosted by Collingwood Whisky
· The Complex World of Riesling – Friday – Hosted by Angels Gate
· Fruit Wines – Saturday – Hosted by Muskoka Lake Winery
· Wine Tasting – Friday & Saturday – Hosted by LCBO
Ontario Wine Expert - Michael Pinkus is back!
Friday and Saturday enjoy an educational seminar on wine pairings for $20. Admission to this seminar is rewarded with a complimentary glassware set from Schotts Zweisel.
- Food Network’s Chef Corbin will be cooking with local ingredients (from London’s Farmers Market) on stage Thursday night, with an opportunity for show-goers to get photos with the chef.
- A new “Man Cave” area within the show, dedicated to beers, spirits and BBQ fare.
- A Flair Competition Saturday night, presented by Jack Astor’s Bar & Grill featuring the best tricks and flips of the bartend trade.
- Girl’s Night Out is back by popular demand on Friday! Open to guys too, Friday night will have a fashion show, gift bags and a beer tasting tailored for ladies.
The Wine & Food Show always has great giveaways, but this year it has reached a whole new level!
Customers who fill out an in-show survey could win:
- Girl’s Night Out in EPIC Wine Country (valued at $1500) – courtesy of Colio Estates, EPIC, and Caesar’s Windsor.
· 2 x $50 food vouchers (courtesy of Caesar’s Windsor)
· $300.00 cash towards dinner for four at the restaurant of their choosing (courtesy of Colio Estate Wines)
· Personalized tour and tasting and the opportunity to meet the winemaker of Colio Estate Wines, Harrow, Ontario
· Winery souvenir package (courtesy of Colio Estate Wines
2. His/Her Gifts from Poag’s Jewellers (valued at $1000 each)
3. Wine Tasting at Home – courtesy of Indulge Magazine
· Indulge Magazine invites you to have a wine tasting party at home with 12 –15 of your friends!
4. Dinner for Two at Top of the Fair, Western Fair District
On Friday, January 11th, the first 250 ladies through the door will get free goody bags, filled with items from Buffalo Wild Wing, Rexall, Indulge Magazine and more!
Show Hours & Info
Thursday, January 10th: 5pm – 10:30pm
Friday, January 11th: 5pm – 10:30pm
Saturday, January 12th: Noon – 10:30pm
Western Fair District, Progress Building –900 King St E., London, Ontario
$10.00 Admission online, $12 at the door
$45.00 Couples Package – includes 2 admission/30 sample tickets – online only.
$1.00 Sample Tickets (each)
For more information click here
(519) 438-7203, EX 261
Sorry there are no comments on this post
Add a Comment
VAN HALEN General Admission VIP Tickets Now Available! read more...
Western Fair District recognized as the Event, Entertainment or Recreational Facility of the Year. read more...