Western Fair District is a not-for-profit agricultural Association that has evolved over a century-and-a-half to a multi-faceted event centre which includes agriculture, education, sports, entertainment, music and shopping. Today, everything from the annual fall fair, consumer and trade shows, dining, meeting and banquet facilities, to The Raceway, The Market, Yuk Yuk’s Comedy Club, The Grove, Agriplex and Sports Centre, make us a prominent year-round entertainment, education and recreation destination.
The Food and Beverage General Manager is responsible for the overall leadership and operations of the food and beverage department within our multiple business units across the District.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Assist in the development of an overall vision for the food and beverage department, to align with the goals and values of the Western Fair Association and placing our agricultural interests in high priority.
- Provide oversight and leadership to the food and beverage team, working directly with area managers in the planning and execution of various offerings across the District.
- Ensure proper venue staffing, planning, and organizational movements within the team for the variety of events and venues we service.
- Oversee the development of client events and menus, costing and pricing effectively to provide unique experiences for our guests while exceeding their expectations on food quality and service.
- Source and secure various providers and suppliers, negotiating contracts as necessary.
- Oversee all purchasing, ordering and receiving processes, including all distribution and inventory controls.
- Prepare annual department budgets and forecasts, along with monthly and weekly financial reporting
- Liaise with other internal WFA department managers to create food and beverage services which compliment our shows, events and venues while meeting the needs of our unique customer groups.
- Ensure proper maintenance, cleanliness, and the safe operation of all equipment and systems.
- Provide guidance and direction to department managers on a regular basis, encouraging individual growth and development and that of their team members
- Responsible for ensuring legal obligations regarding liquor licensing are met throughout the operation.
- Other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Western Fair District.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 5+ years in Hospitality Management, Regional/Multi-Unit Restaurant Management, Hotel Management, Catering Services, or Business Management
- Food Safety, Health and Safety, and Smart Serve Certifications
- Knowledge of Liquor Licensing and AGCO requirements, business licensing, Ontario Employment Standards Act, and any other applicable sanitation and food related ordinances
- Work as a team player, promoting a positive and professional work environment while conducting the role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Western Fair District
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, December 11, 2019. The Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available, upon request, throughout the entire recruitment process. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.