Western Fair District is a not-for-profit agricultural Association that has deep roots in the City, evolving over a century-and-a-half from an agricultural fall Fair to a multi-faceted event centre which includes music and shopping, gaming and sports. The District is committed to providing entertaining experiences that enrich your life and the community and as part of our “not-for-profit” status we reinvest our revenue surpluses into upgrading our facilities and products to meet the needs of our community.
We are currently seeking an Event Services Supervisor to join our team!
The Event Services Supervisor reports directly to the Agriplex Director. Event Services personnel are responsible to perform all tasks and duties required for the Setup, Operation and Tear down of Events in all WFD Facilities.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Direct Supervisory duties for both Event Services and Event Services – Grandstand teams including but not limited;
- Effectively Scheduling staff to meet the requirements of each show while complying with the Employment Standards Act.
- Maintaining time sheet database for assigned staff.
- Conduct regular performance appraisals of assigned staff; make recommendations on compensation, training and development for staff.
- Maintains cost control through effective labour management.
- Monitors assigned operational budgets.
- Develops staff training manuals and plans; provide related training as required.
- Provide WFD wide Forklift and Aerial lift training; classroom, operational training as required and practical evaluations. Maintains all training records and appropriate files.
- Maintains related documentation, files and data.
- Handles normal customer complaints, referring more complex situations to a senior manager and focuses on customer service as a number one priority.
- Liaises with other Western Fair District staff regarding requirements of exhibitors/promoters.
- Liaises with Promoters/Show Managers when on site to ensure all needs are being met and fulfill any additional requirements.
- Assists with the Set-up, Tear down, and Operation of all events taking place in all WFD facilities. Duties including but not limited to set-up/removal of stages, tables, chairs, horse stalls, signage, hydro, janitorial duties, and any other duties as required.
- Ensures Buildings and inventory are in good working order and completes minor repairs/maintenance as required. Forwards any other repairs/maintenance requirements to the Director of Facility Management.
- Liaises with WFD approved contractors for repairs and/or maintenance required in WFD facilities and/or on equipment. Fills out all appropriate documentation.
- Operate certain pieces of equipment i.e. fork lift , aerial lift devices, scrubber, tractor
- Must fill out Caretakers Log Book, Forklift and Aerial Lift Device Log Books and other documentation assigned.
- Maintain inventories on WFD supplies and equipment and reports major needs to Agriplex Director.
- Recommends major initiatives to the Agriplex Director.
- Maintains awareness of legislation pertaining to the operations sector.
- Must comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Western Fair District Health & Safety Policy and Awareness Program/Safety Manual, all Western Fair District procedures and any other applicable legislation.
- Willing to work evenings, midnights and weekends as required. Also willing to work in any WFD facility required.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- College diploma in related discipline would be considered an asset
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Effective communication skills
- The ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals
- The ability to obtain WFD Forklift and Aerial Lift Device certification
- Previous Forklift and Aerial Lift Training/Operation an asset
- Experience in the Exposition Industry an asset
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft applications.
- Valid G driver’s license
- A commitment to excellence in all tasks, and a professional presence
- Proven leadership abilities
- Ability to work evenings and weekends including some holidays.
- Regular lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of medium weights up to 50 lbs
- Environment - moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, possible exposure to dust, dirt and animals.
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org