Western Fair District is a not-for-profit agricultural Association that has evolved over a century-and-a-half to a multi-faceted event centre which includes agriculture, education, sports, entertainment, music and shopping. Today, everything from the annual fall fair, consumer and trade shows, dining, meeting and banquet facilities, to The Raceway, The Market, Yuk Yuk’s Comedy Club, The Grove, Agriplex and Sports Centre, make us a prominent year-round entertainment, education and recreation destination.
The Concessions Manager oversees the operation of all concessions throughout the District, including but not limited to the Homestretch, Backstretch, Sports Centre and Agriplex concessions, along with temporary set ups to service various events. This individual will be guest- and result-oriented, organized and dependable, and have the ability to communicate effectively, think creatively and problem solve.
Responsibilities of the Concessions Manager:
- Provide direction and leadership to part-time concession staff, including scheduling and staff development.
- Assist in the tracking and controlling of all inventory related to concessions on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis as required.
- Create detailed pick lists for warehouse team to ensure appropriate stocking, rotation and timing of inventory.
- Coordinate with other managers to determine concession needs for schedule of events.
- Design, set up and tear down pop-up concession areas for events and special requests.
- Provide cash floats, opening and closing check lists to supervisors and ensure all members follow proper cash procedures and policies.
- Suggest innovative methods to increase sales and reduce operational expenses in the department.
- Manage time appropriately to prioritize tasks and anticipate requirements for upcoming events.
- Promote and maintain exceptional customer service standards as it relates to guests and staff.
- Anticipate and respond to all guest, staff and management needs, promptly following up on guest concerns.
- Maintain and reinforce cleanliness and food-safe standards.
- Work as a team player, promoting a positive and professional work environment while conducting the role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
- Abide by and uphold all policies and procedures of Western Fair District.
- Other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Western Fair District.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 3+ years in Concession Management and Food Service
- Food Handler and Smart Serve Certifications
- Able to respond quickly and make decisions in dynamic and changing circumstances
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Working Conditions
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work on foot for extended periods of time, standing and walking
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays, along with overtime as required