Western Fair District is a not-for-profit agricultural Association that has deep roots in the City, evolving over a century-and-a-half from an agricultural fall Fair to a multi-faceted event centre which includes music and shopping, gaming and sports.
The District is committed to providing entertaining experiences that enrich your life and the community and as part of our “not-for-profit” status we reinvest our revenue surpluses into upgrading our facilities and products to meet the needs of our community.
We are currently seeking Ice Resurfacer Operators to join our Sports Centre team!
Operators resurface the ice during programming and fill out all applicable documentation. They perform general custodial duties, event operations and customer service duties.
This position requires the ability to work days, evenings, weekends and some midnights.
What you’ll do:
- Brand advocate for the District. Sets the example on what it means to be a District employee: Proud, energetic, imaginative, highly principled, team-driven and dedicated to the organizations mandate, image, goals and objectives.
- Operate Ice Resurfacer in designated area.
- Fill out all supporting documentation applicable to operating ice resurfacer.
- Performs a variety of general maintenance duties. Including but not limited to: custodial duties, equipment set up and removal, minor maintenance including painting of assigned areas of WFA buildings.
- Ensure that all public areas of the Centre are clean, safe and healthy.
- Operate assigned equipment including power scrubbers, power washers, ice painting machines, tractors, trucks, forklifts etc.
- Assist in the preparation of event setups.
- Respond to queries from the customers and provides general information.
- Maintain awareness of ice and building conditions and reports any problems to Operations Manager or Supervisor on Duty in a timely manner to ensure a clean, safe and healthy facility.
- Must comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Western Fair Association Health & Safety Policy and Awareness Program/Safety Manual, all Western Fair Association procedures and any other applicable legislation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate:
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Effective Communication Skills
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision
- High School Diploma
- Previous Arena experience
- Previous experience in Ice Resurfacing including Olympia and Zamboni
- Work is performed while standing, sitting, climbing, reaching or walking
- Regular lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of medium weights up to 50 lbs
- Environment - moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity.
- Shifts may include days, afternoons, weekend/holidays and overnights (limited)
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your cover letter and resume by Wednesday February 1, 2017 @ 4:00pm!
The Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available, upon request, throughout the entire recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted