Track & Paddock Supervisor
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Monday April 23, 2018 @ 3:00pm!
Western Fair District is a not-for-profit agricultural Association that has deep roots in the City, evolving over a century-and-a-half from an agricultural fall Fair to a multi-faceted event centre which includes music and shopping, gaming and sports.
The District is committed to providing entertaining experiences that enrich your life and the community and as part of our “not-for-profit” status we reinvest our revenue surpluses into upgrading our facilities and products to meet the needs of our community.
Since 1961 and as one of the top signature Raceways in the Province, we are proud to be South Western Ontario’s place to play! Featuring harness racing at its best - live on our half-mile track, October through May. Simulcast racing is available all year round, broadcasting races from all over North America!
We are currently seeking a Track & Paddock Supervisor to join the District team!
The Track & Paddock Supervisor reports directly to the Raceway Manager. Key Responsibilities include maintenance and repair of the racetrack, and equipment, management of employees including Track Crew, Paddock Operations, Race Starter and Driver and orders all material for track and paddock.
- Responsible for the regular maintenance race track and assists with grounds crew.
- Responsible for assisting with maintaining the grounds, Sports Centre, Slots, Raceway, Event Buildings, Clubhouse Administration, Agriplex and adjacent parking lots to ensure the facility is ready for scheduled events.
- Supports Agriplex arena events that require proper show ring maintenance and operation for horse and livestock shows.
- Ensures effective communication with raceway managers and staff and government officials (race judges), horse owners, trainers, drivers and grooms.
- Operates several types of related equipment and ensure equipment is in good sound working order.
- Hires, supervises, trains, recommends wage increases and schedules assigned staff and ensures all duties are performed safely. Reports hours of work of staff to Payroll.
- Administer performance appraisals and discipline when required.
- Ensures all drainage and safety lanes are maintained.
- Assists with grounds maintenance tasks such as snow removal, turf repair and maintenance, welding, blazing etc.
- Recommends budget, capital expenditures and equipment repair and requirements to manager and manage within the budget.
- Schedule staff as business needs dictate and ensure labour savings are realized where possible.
- Coach and develop staff while maintaining inside and outside customer service as a priority.
- Prepare reports, log books, purchase requisitions, etc as required.
- Ensures work area is clean and safe.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 years of related experience in the area of infield/track operations and maintenance
- Must have a valid driver’s license (DZ license preferred)
- Must have at least 2 years of supervisory experience
- Must be able to obtain ORC and OLG license
- Available nights, weekends and some mornings based on qualifiers and winter weather assessment and maintenance
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Western Fair District
- Other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Western Fair District
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Monday, April 23, 2018 @ 3:00pm to firstname.lastname@example.org!
For further information, please visit us online at: www.westernfairdistrict.com.
The Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available, upon request, throughout the entire recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted