Please submit your cover letter and resume by Friday June 8, 2018 @ 3:00pm!
Western Fair District is a not-for-profit agricultural Association that has deep roots in the City, evolving over a century-and-a-half from an agricultural fall Fair to a multi-faceted event centre which includes music and shopping, gaming and sports.
The District is committed to providing entertaining experiences that enrich your life and the community and as part of our “not-for-profit” status we reinvest our revenue surpluses into upgrading our facilities and products to meet the needs of our community.
Since 1961 and as one of the top signature Raceways in the Province, we are proud to be South Western Ontario’s place to play! Featuring harness racing at its best - live on our half-mile track, October through May. Simulcast racing is available all year round, broadcasting races from all over North America!
We are currently seeking a Timekeeper to join the District team!
Timekeepers are responsible for ensuring that all aspects of timekeeping and scorekeeping for games held at the Sports Centre at Western Fair District are executed properly including completing game sheet documentation.
- Accurately record score, time and statistics in accordance with league regulation’s
- Responsible for operating rink scoreboard and filling out game sheets.
- Starting and stopping the game clock when required at whistles and other game stoppages.
- Update scores for both Home and Visitor teams on game clock. Input penalty minutes to appropriate team (Home or Visitor).
- Responsible for filling out penalties and goals (both goal scorer and assists) on game sheet, as instructed by referees.
- Provide recaps of game situations if necessary for League Manager and/or Management Staff.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Able to work flexible hours (evenings, nights, weekends, holidays)
- Familiar with the rules of hockey (experience as a player, coach, or referee in organized minor hockey as asset)
- Previous customer service experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong work ethic
- Team player Responsible and Dependable
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Western Fair District
- Other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Western Fair District
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Friday, June 8, 2018 @ 3:00pm to email@example.com!
For further information, please visit us online at: www.westernfairdistrict.com.
The Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available, upon request, throughout the entire recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted