Please submit your cover letter and resume by Monday April 23, 2018 @ 3:00pm!
Western Fair District is a not-for-profit agricultural Association that has deep roots in the City, evolving over a century-and-a-half from an agricultural fall Fair to a multi-faceted event centre which includes music and shopping, gaming and sports.
The District is committed to providing entertaining experiences that enrich your life and the community and as part of our “not-for-profit” status we reinvest our revenue surpluses into upgrading our facilities and products to meet the needs of our community.
Since 1961 and as one of the top signature Raceways in the Province, we are proud to be South Western Ontario’s place to play! Featuring harness racing at its best - live on our half-mile track, October through May. Simulcast racing is available all year round, broadcasting races from all over North America!
We are currently seeking a Show Manager to join the District team!
A Show Manager is responsible for the visioning, planning, organizing, execution and evaluation of all aspects of those WFD owned and operated shows/events within their portfolio.
Responsibilities of the Show Manager:
- Developing a vision for each show, ensure annual innovative features that will appeal to exhibitors and customers and meet company financial expectations.
- Shape, develop and grow new shows as required.
- Coordinating with various departments on all aspects of event management including but not limited to: Gates & Tickets, Security, Event Services, Sales, Marketing, Media Relations, Information Technology and Health and Safety.
- On-site Event Manager during set-up and event.
- Continuously strive to make improvements and find operational efficiencies for each event.
- Preparing budgets for each event for approval by Senior Management. Assist Management team with the creation of Consumer/Trade and Events and Facilities Budgets.
- Liaising with Entertainment Manager on the scheduling and programming of such within each event.
- Providing post-event reports as requested by various departments.
- Chairing pre- and post-event planning meetings.
- Event planning for themed special events happening on Association grounds.
- Liaising with exhibitors and sponsors of events.
- Working with Sales & Marketing Team to set sales objectives/vision for each event.
- Conducting committee meetings and show forums as required.
- Visiting similar shows in other municipalities, as required.
- Following and enforcing all company policies within the department, including but not limited to dress code, conduct code, contract and agreement signing policy, purchasing policy and expense reporting policy.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary education in related field. (i.e. Event Management)
- 3-5+ years of related work experience.
- CEM designation considered an asset.
- Fair industry experience considered an asset.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- A dynamic personality that is results driven and thrives in a fast-paced team environment.
- Self-starter personality with proven time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to network, build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
- Proficient the use of a computer and Microsoft applications.
- The ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- A commitment to excellence in all tasks, and a professional presence.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Western Fair District
- Other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Western Fair District
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Monday, April 23, 2018 @ 3:00pm to email@example.com!
For further information, please visit us online at: www.westernfairdistrict.com.
The Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available, upon request, throughout the entire recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted