Ice Resurfacer Operator
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Friday June 8, 2018 @ 3:00pm!
Western Fair District is a not-for-profit agricultural Association that has deep roots in the City, evolving over a century-and-a-half from an agricultural fall Fair to a multi-faceted event centre which includes music and shopping, gaming and sports.
The District is committed to providing entertaining experiences that enrich your life and the community and as part of our “not-for-profit” status we reinvest our revenue surpluses into upgrading our facilities and products to meet the needs of our community.
Since 1961 and as one of the top signature Raceways in the Province, we are proud to be South Western Ontario’s place to play! Featuring harness racing at its best - live on our half-mile track, October through May. Simulcast racing is available all year round, broadcasting races from all over North America!
We are currently seeking an Ice Resurfacer Operator to join the District team!
Reports directly to the Facility Operations Manager and/or Supervisor on Duty.
Operates Ice Resurfacer during programming and fills out all applicable documentation. Performs general custodial, event operations and customer service duties.
Must be available days, evenings, weekends and some midnights.
- Operates Ice Resurfacer in designated area.
- Fills out all supporting documentation applicable to operating ice resurfacer.
- Performs a variety of general maintenance duties. Including but not limited to: custodial duties, equipment set up and removal, minor maintenance including painting of assigned areas of WFA buildings.
- Ensures that all public areas of the Centre are clean, safe and healthy.
- Operate assigned equipment including power scrubbers, power washers, ice painting machines, tractors, trucks, forklifts etc.
- Assist in the preparation of event setups.
- Respond to queries from the customers and provides general information.
- Maintains awareness of ice and building conditions and reports any problems to Operations Manager or Supervisor on Duty in a timely manner to ensure a clean, safe and healthy facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- Previous Experience in Ice Resurfacing including Olympia and Zamboni
- Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy objects
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- The ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Prolonged standing and walking.
- Physically demanding ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Environment - moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, possible exposure to dust, dirt and animals.
- Shifts will include days, afternoons, weekend/holidays. *Overnights may also be required.
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Western Fair District
- Other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Western Fair District
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Friday, June 8, 2018 @ 3:00pm to firstname.lastname@example.org!
For further information, please visit us online at: www.westernfairdistrict.com.
The Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available, upon request, throughout the entire recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted