Grounds and Landscaping Crew
Western Fair District is a not-for-profit agricultural Association that has deep roots in the City, evolving over a century-and-a-half from an agricultural fall Fair to a multi-faceted event centre which includes music and shopping, gaming and sports.
The District is committed to providing entertaining experiences that enrich your life and the community and as part of our “not-for-profit” status we reinvest our revenue surpluses into upgrading our facilities and products to meet the needs of our community.
Since 1961 and as one of the top signature Raceways in the Province, we are proud to be South Western Ontario’s place to play! Featuring harness racing at its best - live on our half-mile track, October through May. Simulcast racing is available all year round, broadcasting races from all over North America!
We are currently seeking Grounds and Landscaping Crew to join the District team!
Performs general landscape and garden maintenance duties.
Operates related equipment.
Water lawns, trees and plants using portable sprinkler systems, hoses or watering cans.
- Care for established flower beds by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing and removing thatch and trimming and edging around flower beds, walks and walls.
- Mow and edge lawns, using power mowers and edgers.
- Operates vehicles, mechanical devices and equipment – running, manoeuvring, navigating or driving vehicles such as pickup trucks and lawn mowers
- Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees and shrubs and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools.
- Gather and remove litter from parking lots and grounds.
- Trim and pick flowers and clean flower beds.
- Performs general physical activities – requires considerable use of arms and legs and moving whole body such as climbing, lifting balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Cleans the grounds as required.
- Performs minor equipment maintenance and reports more serious problems to Supervisor.
- May assist in other labourer tasks such as setup for events, moving barricades, portable booths, walls, etc.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Related work experience
- Must be able to lift moderate weight (Up to 50 lbs)
- Must be able to bend over or kneel for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work any scheduled shift 24/7.
- Tolerance for working outside in any weather condition
- Ability to work alone or in a group to complete work in timely manner and on a deadline
- Mechanical aptitude
- Good oral and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and planning
- Ability to make decisions
- Valid Driver’s license with clean abstract
- Safety Shoes/Boots required
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Western Fair District
- Other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Western Fair District
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Friday, June 8, 2018 @ 3:00pm to firstname.lastname@example.org!
For further information, please visit us online at: www.westernfairdistrict.com.
The Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available, upon request, throughout the entire recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted