Please submit your cover letter and resume by Monday April 23, 2018 @ 3:00pm!
Western Fair District is a not-for-profit agricultural Association that has deep roots in the City, evolving over a century-and-a-half from an agricultural fall Fair to a multi-faceted event centre which includes music and shopping, gaming and sports.
The District is committed to providing entertaining experiences that enrich your life and the community and as part of our “not-for-profit” status we reinvest our revenue surpluses into upgrading our facilities and products to meet the needs of our community.
Since 1961 and as one of the top signature Raceways in the Province, we are proud to be South Western Ontario’s place to play! Featuring harness racing at its best - live on our half-mile track, October through May. Simulcast racing is available all year round, broadcasting races from all over North America!
We are currently seeking an Agriculture Manager to join the District team!
The Agriculture Manager is responsible for developing and managing all areas of trade show agriculture programming (3-4 shows per year), educational displays and activities at the Annual Fair and various events throughout the year. Other key areas include the oversight, organization and implementation of the administrative/clerical/animal welfare components for WFD/third party, agricultural/livestock shows/events, associated with the Agriplex. Agricultural media/interviews, new agricultural event development and liaising with the Agriculture Community to promote Western Fair District are also key aspects of the role.
Responsibilities of the Agriculture Manager:
- Promotion of Western Fair District as a leading Agriculture Society supporting the Agriculture community with programming and facilities that help meet the needs of this sector.
- Develop and manage agriculture content/programming for existing agri-food events. Dairy Congress, Farm Show, Poultry Show, and agri-food education initiatives.
- Providing innovative educational experiences for today’s consumer through Growing Chefs partnership and established school tour programs.
- Develop meaningful educational ag-content for the annual fall fair. 4-H, breed displays, new ag-technology, history, nutrition, animal welfare, etc.
- Liaise with agriculture consumer and trade show officials and promoters to gain ideas for contemporary development of Western Fair Agriculture shows and possible future opportunities, i.e. partnerships, new ventures, new shows.
- Responsible for all agriculture show layouts and pre and post show development. Working with Show, Event and Facility staff to execute final product.
- Oversite of WFD Animal Welfare Program.
- Maintains numerous logs, files and databases both computer based and print.
- Assists in developing, selling and coordinating WFD agriculture shows and events.
- Prepares financial reports of related events.
- Liaises with other organizations and representatives in similar venues.
- Assists with press and promotion activities that are agriculture related.
- Works closely with the Events Coordinator regarding all Owned and Operated Shows.
Skills and Qualifications:
- University graduate in Agriculture or two year college diploma in related Agriculture program
- 3-4 years of work experience an asset
- Computer skills
- Previous sales experience is an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of the agriculture sector
- Skilled in event operation and show layouts – layout and implementation of a trade show.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent Customer Experience skills.
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Western Fair District
- Other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Western Fair District
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Monday, April 23, 2018 @ 3:00pm to email@example.com!
For further information, please visit us online at: www.westernfairdistrict.com.
The Western Fair District is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available, upon request, throughout the entire recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted